No announcement yet.

Health Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Dan. The fact that I am online at Bangshift proves I am doing better, right? I appreciate your simple explanation, even I can now understand the reason for this approach. When are you having the surgery done? You are in our thoughts!

Comment

Thoughts and prayers are forthcoming from us!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by sueunit View Post
        Thanks Dan. The fact that I am online at Bangshift proves I am doing better, right? I appreciate your simple explanation, even I can now understand the reason for this approach. When are you having the surgery done? You are in our thoughts!
        SO glad you're (more or less) up and running!

As far as "when" - next Monday at about noon. Surprised that the doc is willing to miss lunch to chop me up but it's his choice. Maybe he'll be eating a sammich with one hand and working on me with the other hand? Who knows.........

Dan

Comment

We're already prayin' for ya Dan. A sidebar........you might find it easier to keep your weight down after they remove some processing equipment from your system.......
          Last edited by oletrux4evr; September 24, 2019, 10:23 AM.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            We're already prayin' for ya Dan. A sidebar........you might find it easier to keep your weight down after they remove some processing equipment from your system.......
            Hoping for that! I told ME that now I'll have a semicolon.

Dan
            Last edited by DanStokes; September 24, 2019, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

SO glad you're (more or less) up and running!

As far as "when" - next Monday at about noon. Surprised that the doc is willing to miss lunch to chop me up but it's his choice. Maybe he'll be eating a sammich with one hand and working on me with the other hand? Who knows.........

Dan
              He has a 7:00 tee time and an early 3 martini lunch that day
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Dan,
                I haven't had any surgeries of the abdomen yet but a good friend had colon cancer and had a section of his colon removed about 8 years ago. He was only in the hospital a few days and would have gone home sooner but he refused to eat the hospital food and they wouldn't release until he pooped. He finally lied to the Doc and told him that he pooped in the crapper and forgot he wasn't supposed to notify the night nurse before he flushed. This guy had the lowest pain tolerance of any man I've ever known but he never complained about pain before or after the surgery and he didn't take any pain medication. I hope you have the same experience.
                Last edited by dieselhead; September 26, 2019, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Good to hear, Dieselhead! They'll give me a TAP block which is a sort of nerve block and the doc said it'll last a couple of days which should get me past the worst of it. It'll have to be pretty bad before I take any opioids as I HATE the way they make me feel - but I have them if I need them. I'll plan to use naproxim sodium (Advil) and see if that'll get me by but hope to take nothing. I'll do my best to eat the hospital food but I know it can be a challenge! I'll have to feed the insulin and I'm afraid that'll be what's available. My past experiences with hospital food is that mystically they're able to take school lunch food and make it worse.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by sueunit View Post
                    This right here. Great great news!

Comment

Good luck.
                      And a speedy recovery

Comment

Good luck Dan.
                        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Good luck at your gigging tomorrow Dan! We're thinking about ya.

Guys, let's hurry up and order an online stripper to perform for Dan in the recovery room. He says he still likes to look at the pretty girls but he can't remember why...
                          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Wish you a fast recovery, so you can get back in the garage and get back to your projects.

Jason
                            2011 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.89 avg.
                            2012 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.55 avg.
                            all time best 10.27 @ 127

Comment

Again, THANKS guys! I probably won't be awake enough in the recovery room to appreciate (or even notice) the stripper so let's save that for later.

I'm on the tail end of the prep and so far it continues to be the worst part. At least they'll knock me out for the actual procedure.

Dan

Comment

Doc had me woken up before they wheeled me out to recovery..
                                Took his mask off. Held up my leg on his shoulder
                                "look straight"
                                Let it drop while holding my knee
                                "see, it bends"
                                When the spinal wore off, I could not move it like that.
                                Can go straight. Can not bend very far but way further than before.
                                Sooo this old cripple needs round 2 or physical therapy...

My point.. You will wake when they remove the needle from your spine. Fully awake 3 hrs later which is when I was up and walking.

Comment

Working...
                                X