No announcement yet.

Health Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm home. I spent a total of about 36 hours in the hospital though they offered to have me stay last night. I was eager to get home to ME and little Andy and they were eager to have me (I'm lucky that way). Everything went according to plan and I was up and walking (shakily) Monday night. I feel like I've been in a bar fight and used my belly to fend off the blows. Standing up straight is a challenge but I know it'll come.

Bob - no needle in the spine for me. They did inject my stomach muscles right before the surgery and that continues to help with the pain.

Everything went as well as possible and I guess I'm a tough ol' bird as they sent me home at least a day ahead of schedule. I AM following instructions as they haven't steered me wrong yet.

Thanks all for you kind wishes, thoughts, and prayers (pick the one that fits you).

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; October 2, 2019, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Keep up the pain management schedule..

Glad the other tough bird got to go home early

Healing thoughts your way!

Comment

Thanks for the update Dan! More power to ya on the mend and we're glad everything "came out" okay.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

He's back!

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery God bless!
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Great to hear you're home Dan, don't rush things - as tempting as it may be to get started before you're cleared, don't do it! One day one step at a time, prayers from the motor city buddy.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                Great to hear you're home Dan, don't rush things - as tempting as it may be to get started before you're cleared, don't do it! One day one step at a time, prayers from the motor city buddy.
                John, rushing things seems like a REALLY bad idea at this point. The surgeon's office called this afternoon and cleared me to try Naproxem Sodium (usually works well for me) and also to try Diet Coke again (my one addiction). Need to take it easy on the Diet Coke and see if it settles OK but at least I can try. Been doing unsweet tea which is OK but not as satisfying.

Dan

Comment

One day at a time buddy! Yea - take it easy on anything carbonated I'd think. I'd be afraid to eat! Ugh. Well, do what the experts say and hope they know what they are doing, get plenty of rest!
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I'm really good at resting! And I have to eat (at least a little and carefully) so there's something to come out. They want something to come out - that's how they know everything's OK. Just have to wait until things feel better. Andy seems to know he has to be careful with the Dad-guy. Don't know how he knows but he's really careful hopping up in the recliner. Doggos are amazing people!

Dan
                    Last edited by DanStokes; October 2, 2019, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I think I'd be on a very soft diet for awhile.............
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                        I think I'd be on a very soft diet for awhile.............
                        That I am! Lots of mashed potatoes, etc. Glucerna is my normal breakfast and at least for a while will be lunch, too.

Dan

Comment

Unsweetened applesauce got mine going. Oxy is constapating!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                            . Oxy is constapating!
                            And that's just one of the things I hate about it! So far everything's moving but I have a fallback plan if it stops.

Dan

Comment

Dan, glad to hear you are out and almost about. You have enough experience with serious medical stuff to know how to handle things properly. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Thanks Joe! Back to almost normal and starting today I can drive again! Poor Truck is wondering if he'll ever get used again.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X