Health Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Thanks Joe! Back to almost normal and starting today I can drive again! Poor Truck is wondering if he'll ever get used again.

Dan
    Just don't tell the doc that when you drive you drive somewhere around 180 mph whenever (Big) Andy lets you.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Glad your recovery is coming along nicely Dan.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Today was 10 days out and that's when he cleared me to drive. I don't know how he knew that as he hasn't seen me since the day after the surgery but maybe he implanted a sensor or something. I actually stuck with the recommendation mostly because if I got stopped by the cops for some reason and was medically prohibited from driving I figured I'd be screwed (and I have ME to chauffeur me if needed) so I followed the rules.

Anyhow, just got back from driving to lunch and it feels good to drive again. I see the doc next Monday and we'll see about that 10 LB lifting restriction. Hey, I have stuff to do! I suppose I can start by cleaning up the shop a bit this weekend.

Dan

Comment

Glad to hear you feel up to get back in the shop!
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
            Glad to hear you feel up to get back in the shop!
            ABSOLUTELY!

Dan

Comment

CURSES!!!! Went to the surgeon today for a follow-up and they say I have to wait 2 more weeks to do anything strenuous (like, pick up more than 10 lb.). I was hoping they'd cut me loose today but no dice. Evidently there's a decent possibility for developing a hernia at the laparoscopy sites and they would have to fix them and I'd be out of commission for another 6 weeks. So I'll wait though it'll be difficult.

Everything looks fine so it's just a matter of waiting (yawn.......)

Dan

Comment

Very good decision, my friend.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Thanks. That possibility of having to wait another SIX weeks convinced me.

Dan

Comment

Yes, please behave for another couple of weeks. My boss had abdominal surgery - felt great afterwards and promptly overdid it. Hernia surgery is going to be a much larger time setback than simply behaving and following orders.

Glad you are feeling well enough to want to misbehave though. Thats great!
                    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                      Yes, please behave for another couple of weeks. My boss had abdominal surgery - felt great afterwards and promptly overdid it. Hernia surgery is going to be a much larger time setback than simply behaving and following orders.

Glad you are feeling well enough to want to misbehave though. Thats great!
                      Thanks. Yeah, it really went pretty well. I never even filled my 'script for Oxycodone - don't like it and I'd have to be pretty bad off to take it. After the block wore off (they told me that was a couple of days after surgery) I was mildly uncomfortable but generic Advil was adequate. It'll be interesting to see how the (small) scars resolve but my career as a nude model may have to come to an end. (Now THERE'S a scary thought......)

Dan

Comment

Nah, get a tattoo that compliments them.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Had my Gallbladder out Tuesday ... WOW... 6 week restriction of lifting no more than 10 pounds
                          your kids can have their own racecar www.aasbd.org

Comment

Originally posted by derbydad276 View Post
                            Had my Gallbladder out Tuesday ... WOW... 6 week restriction of lifting no more than 10 pounds
                            They told me 4 to 6 weeks but I'm healing well enough (and am antsy enough) that on my 2 week follow-up they said that two more weeks (total of 4) and I'm good to go but if it feels weird STOP! Hope they tell you the same.

Dan
                            Last edited by DanStokes; October 18, 2019, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Just don't tell the doc that when you drive you drive somewhere around 180 mph whenever (Big) Andy lets you.
                              There's talk of running a 1.5 mile course next year for "approved" vehicles with good braking systems. Next target is 185 mph. Bet Red can get to 160mph ....

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post

There's talk of running a 1.5 mile course next year for "approved" vehicles with good braking systems. Next target is 185 mph. Bet Red can get to 160mph ....
                                Who? Where? Is talking about 1.5 mile runs.
                                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X