The Gas Griddle Rat War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by studemax View Post

First of all, Dillons is higher than anywhere else in town. Second - so what if you ate them when you were poor? I did too - and they are still TASTY. Also free. You snag a squirrel that's been raiding bird feeders.... that will be some sweet meat. I shot rabbits eating out of my garden. Accomplished 2 things - kept the veggies alive, and they tasted good with the rabbit.

There is no down side to eating urban wildlife. You eat venison, right? What's the diff, except they don't weigh so much bringing them home to skin.
    I understand all of that. I don't object to eating them, I object to killing them.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I object to killing them.
      All well and good. But God made them tasty for a reason, and I am thankful.

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

I use it to entice squirrels..........then relocate them to a wooded area a couple of miles away. They steal our birdfeed, so........
        apparently, relocating mice and rats to your ex's house is illegal... who knew?

Originally posted by studemax View Post

First of all, Dillons is higher than anywhere else in town. Second - so what if you ate them when you were poor? I did too - and they are still TASTY. Also free. You snag a squirrel that's been raiding bird feeders.... that will be some sweet meat. I shot rabbits eating out of my garden. Accomplished 2 things - kept the veggies alive, and they tasted good with the rabbit.

There is no down side to eating urban wildlife. You eat venison, right? What's the diff, except they don't weigh so much bringing them home to skin.
        We're Americans, we have the right to abstain from things which might be good eatin' ....
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 23, 2019, 09:19 AM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Tree rats!
          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
            Tree rats!
            I call rabbits 'long eared rodents'

Comment

I'm still watching to see if Pdub is successful or not.........
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

you don't look like you're a bit damp behind the ears..... we wouldn't be here if there wasn't even odds on the rat....
                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 23, 2019, 03:28 PM.

Comment

To reiterate from post #15, I took away the bag of greasy towels and the little b-tard didn't even show up for the game. So Unit was right and Stude was right about Unit being right - remove the garbage and the perp won't even tour the neighborhood.
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Okay, you need something greasy to lure him in. I suggest adding bacon to the trap.... Heck, even some bacon grease smeared in there will smell like dinner to Mr. Rat.
                    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

So Pdub is rid of the rat.

And the rat presumably is still doing its rat thing, somewhere else.

I call it a draw. They both won.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Nope. Wars create casualties or prisoners. We have neither. This ain't over.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Nope. Wars create casualties or prisoners. We have neither. This ain't over.
                          I agree, the rat isn't seen - that does not mean it hasn't found another food source at Chez Pdub

Comment

Throw the greasy rags over the fence? Isn't there a neighbor who needs visitors?

That's kinda like war. Innocent bystanders always get drawn in....
                            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Hahaha.....collateral damage.....LOL!
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

I'm in Indy and I want it dead .
                                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                                X