No announcement yet.

The Gas Griddle Rat War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I'll throw in my experience, living in the country occasionally we get the little B#$@&#$. Only problem using this ( if it's personal ) is you want find the carcass, but he/they will be gone. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190924_211721.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	309.4 KB
ID:	1252068
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
      I'm in Indy and I want it dead .
      Now he's done went and made me have to do it. Yesterday, look at that hole in the screen door. Unit said I must have poked it moving the trikes in and out. Hmmm, there's not a poking part on the trikes down that low, but I put some redneck renewal on it until we re-screen it. This morning, ohhhh NOW look...

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010536.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	1252126

That death trap will sleep out on the deck tonight with some peanut butter in it. Tomorrow we'll have the dead rat glamor photo.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

The little &^%$#@!^&%er walked right past the trap and made himself a new hole in the screen.

Name:	P1010543.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	1252176

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
          The little &^%$#@!^&%er walked right past the trap and made himself a new hole in the screen.

Name:	P1010543.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	1252176
          See post 31.
          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post

See post 31.
            No, I want a dead rat I can take to the taxidermist and put up on the mantle. Or out on the deck beside the door, like one of those wooden Indians outside the trading post. Yeah, that's the ticket, a warning to the rest of the rats who might think the screened porch looks inviting.

Comment

Lose a battle, win the war. Keep goin!
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                Lose a battle, win the war. Keep goin!
                I told Kenny I was going to lock him on the porch tonight and let him have his way with the rat. He didn't understand, all he heard was "locked on the porch."

Name:	Kenny Cant Watch.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	1252191

Comment

Arm Kenny with a shotgun, and then put him out on the porch.
                  Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                    Arm Kenny with a shotgun, and then put him out on the porch.
                    So it becomes an arms race. Tony Depot is proud of us for bolstering the local economy. There's nothing like a well-placed prolific mine field to disrupt the enemy. He can have his new hole in the screen door, just come on back through it like he left it. Bacon, sausage, peanut butter, peanuts, store-bought bait, whatever else we can think of before dark. He'll have to step in one of these traps, if even by accident. If this doesn't get him, I'll drag through Wile E Coyote's Acme catalog and see what they have on sale.

Name:	Arms Race.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	1252199

Comment

I have heard that glue traps are quite effective.... just make sure that Kenney can't get to them!
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                        I have heard that glue traps are quite effective.... just make sure that Kenney can't get to them!
                        They had the glue traps at the Depot. Sue said she didn't want to watch the thing die for days. They had all kinds of stuff, fancy stuff, depending on how much you actually want to spend on killing a rat and still be able to celebrate the carcass...

Name:	Acme Catalog.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	1252209

Comment

Glue traps. Soon as you catch him, take the mug shot then take him to the nearest dumpster.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Okay Patrick and Ed, the Weeville military budget is getting dug into. Unit's idea, I even dug a leftover piece of pizza out of the garbage to go in one or two of the clap traps.

Name:	Glue Traps.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	1252222

Hotrodding and/or rat killing can easily run up a bill.

Comment

This is starting to look more and more like a possum. A very small one, but a possum. If so this could get very interesting because unlike rats, possums have no fear of humans.
                              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                                This is starting to look more and more like a possum. A very small one, but a possum. If so this could get very interesting because unlike rats, possums have no fear of humans.
                                It may very well be, now that you mention it.

Name:	Possum.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	1252227

I'm still thinking mouse or rat, though. It looks like the possum's incisors are pointy and set far apart. One of the scraps of paper towel I found had a front tooth signature that sure looked like a rat's, maybe 1/8 or 3/16 of an inch wide.

Name:	Forensic Evidence.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	1252228

Comment

Working...
                                X