Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I smell a rat......
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

my money is starting to lean towards the rat winning this.....
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I have confidence in PW. He was stubborn enough to get that blower installed so I'm thinking he's stubborn enough to get the critter, whatever kind it proves to be.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

It may very well be, now that you mention it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Possum.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	1252227

I'm still thinking mouse or rat, though. It looks like the possum's incisors are pointy and set far apart. One of the scraps of paper towel I found had a front tooth signature that sure looked like a rat's, maybe 1/8 or 3/16 of an inch wide.

Name:	Forensic Evidence.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	1252228
          Rodent CSI. We'll see. Note that possums are notorious at avoiding traps. Gotta use those cage things.
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            I have confidence in PW. He was stubborn enough to get that blower installed so I'm thinking he's stubborn enough to get the critter, whatever kind it proves to be.

Dan
            yes but Pdub shows one additional thing that is probably the best talent anyone can have.... the willingness to call in the cavalry when the war seems lost... and to be 100% clear, there's no shading in that - way too often people don't get help because it seems to be an ego blow (which, since they look foolish would seem to be worse... but alas).. that said, I'm thinking the rat is winning so far...

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

They had the glue traps at the Depot. Sue said she didn't want to watch the thing die for days. They had all kinds of stuff, fancy stuff, depending on how much you actually want to spend on killing a rat and still be able to celebrate the carcass...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Acme Catalog.jpg Views:	1 Size:	50.6 KB ID:	1252209
              it doesn't take days.... 5 gallon bucket with 2" of water... damn hard to swim if you're glued to a board. Best part is the rat then gets a few moments to make peace with its rat lord for the sins against your screen.
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 26, 2019, 12:48 PM.

Comment

I had to get one of those glue traps off a tire that a neighbor has stuck to their family car . Even with vise grips and a big screw driver it took 5 to 10 minutes . Put a few of those things down and once the victory shot is taken of the war crimmial pop him with a head shot from a b.b. gun or a .22 . I don't care if it's a small kangaroo.........I want it dead by sun up soldier !

OK , I might be getting carried away , but I ve been killing big spiders for days that keep entangling my rides . So , if it's a pest and within 3 feet of the house , it does.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                  I want it dead by sun up soldier !
                  Yes SIR, Sir! 3 Sausage, 3 Peanut Butter, 2 Pepperoni, 2 Commercial Bait and 4 Glue Traps SIR !!!!

Name:	All the Traps.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	1252253

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Well I had some more input, uhhh but after your last post nevermind I see you're going nuclear.
                    One more observation, what if he goes right or left from the previous holes which I think is his past practice. Just thinking.
                    Last edited by corvettedad; September 26, 2019, 05:56 PM.
                    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

So, just in case, Vegetable Oil is the release agent for those super sticky glue traps.

(Wife’s cat once stuck his front paw square in the middle of one once. I was afraid his pad was going to rip off at the bone...then we read the box and followed the directions.)

Now how to remove the vegetable oil is anyone’s guess. Cat did a bunch of licking for days afterwards.
                      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

This right here goes on my short list of the damnedest things I've ever seen. He moved one of the glue traps without getting stuck in it. He set off both of the gator traps. One of the gator traps whapped down on one of the slap traps. He ate the bait clean off of 4 of the slap traps without setting them off. This is getting eerie. Maybe it IS Rock's baby possum. Or more than one "thing."

Name:	21.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	1252300

Name:	22.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	1252301

Name:	23.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	1252302

Name:	24.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	1252303

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

You hosted a possum borgasmord!
                          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

0-2. Still in the first half.
                            Last edited by oletrux4evr; September 27, 2019, 06:00 AM.
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Dan

Comment

you seem to be missing one trap..... I wonder what he plans on doing with it?

Comment

Working...
                                X