No announcement yet.

The Gas Griddle Rat War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 words-- jack. russel. f@rking. terrier.

they will kill ANYTHING. yes, even
    a tyranosaurus--how do you think
    they went extinct? jack russels got em.

Comment

Interesting….. Can we talk PDub into a Rat Terrier?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1280px-Rat_Terrier_head.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	272.0 KB
ID:	1252441
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Ever notice how they're quick to tell you a breed is intelligent, but not when they're not?
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
          Ever notice how they're quick to tell you a breed is intelligent, but not when they're not?
          intelligent among dog breeds is a different standard that what others use to describe intelligence. For example, retrievers, GSDs, even labs are considered intelligent because you can train them to do tricks; however, the best trailing dogs - bloodhounds - are terribly difficult to train to do anything but follow scent. However, when a bloodhound follows scent they can differentiate between time, direction, and even follow the scent of a person who left a group.... to me, that's damn brilliant, but try to train a bloodhound to work off-leash and you'll only find misery.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
            Interesting….. Can we talk PDub into a Rat Terrier?
            [/ATTACH]
            I wish I could rent one for a week.

I'm gonna try one more Coyote thing and then go with the poison. I hate the poison twice. The biggest hate is I won't know for CERTAIN that I engineered the rat to be permanently dead.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

0-4?
              Did he even bother to show up for the skirmish?
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                0-4?
                Did he even bother to show up for the skirmish?
                He probably did show up last might, but I didn't. I gave him/me a night off so I could go to bed without thinking about a rat and it was nice.

I just now got back from the rat military equipment store, another run at it. Man, they've got an electronic rat trap that costs $70. One would think that a rat is not worth that much, but it's getting to be. below, this is a new hole in the real screen, not the door. He got up on the ledge that goes around the screen porch and made this one, and he didn't even need it - he's still got a perfectly good hole I left him in the screen door. This is the real screen that goes all the way around the porch, a much bigger job to repair than the door. And this is that bite signature I was talking about earlier, that's his teeth marks where he ripped the screen.

Name:	41New Hole.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	1252508

All advice from here on BS and from email and on the phone is well taken. I need bigger stuff at least, and it's now in the house.

Name:	42Rat Sized.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	1252509

I'll set these out tonight and rig up the bucket again with some more better meat bait on top of the sunflower seeds. If that doesn't work I'll resort to the poison. Hell, the poison in trays is $20 and I could have already been done with this. Patience and stubbornness are interchangeable terms and eventually both run out. Eventually.

Comment

We know you will prevail. Don't give up the ship!
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Must be some hella tough rodent, P. At this point I'm thinking a Tasmanian Devil or Chupacabra done invaded your neck of the woods with the sole purpose of making you spend money.
                    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Do to him just tearing things up needlessly , I'm starting to think it's a ground squirrel . Yeah same as a chipmunk dut it doesn't sound so cute .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

0-4. No apparent activity. The mood at Rat Combat HQ is turning glum.

Comment

Rats!
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Hey, P - Do you know anyone who would lend you one of those game trail cameras so you could actually witness the critter in the act? Don't buy one, they are kinda pricy for a one time use.
                            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                              Hey, P - Do you know anyone who would lend you one of those game trail cameras so you could actually witness the critter in the act? Don't buy one, they are kinda pricy for a one time use.
                              Believe me, I have thought my way through that exact thing, verbatim. And nope. I can't think of a soul (I used to) know who might have one. I never hung out with the hunters. It would be just like me to buy one for a single use but this time I ain't doing it. I've just about had it with this rat. And golly I hate to use poison. You really don't know if you got him unless he crawls underneath the porch and dies and I can't get under there to get him out and then he'd be stinking like that squirrel in the chimney did.

Comment

I would have bet a lot that a rat could/would run up the handle of a shovel to get into a 5-gallon bucket full of yummy. Apparently not, but it can sure run through the screen and all through two different levels of metalwork underneath my gas griddle. So I'll make this easier for him tonight. I constructed him a custom made one-lane rat superhighway up into that bucket. That table upside down on top of the bucket is the "safety" on this ingenious weapon - I don't want to catch a squirrel in it in the daytime.

Name:	43.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	1252644

Now, that's no regular bucket on the inside. It's nearly half full of water with a couple inches of sunflower seeds floating on top of the water and on top of the seeds is...ohhh look. The grill-greasiest paper towel I could possibly create and some pizza scraps too. What self-respecting rat could resist anything like that?

Name:	43B.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	1252645

*** Please note that I am the one-man cheerleading team for this ongoing effort, ongoing toward a 0-5 season record in the morning. ***

Comment

Working...
                                X