No announcement yet.

The Gas Griddle Rat War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would still be curious. I have a camera similar to this by my front door that looks across my garage. It has pretty good quality.

For the price it would be worth it just to satisfy your curiosity and then if you need it later for anything else....

Comment

• Well..... I'm for getting the picture and putting out wanted posters.
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

• I would gladly do a free commercial for the folks who make screen patch kits. That stuff is great and super easy to use. It's screen in squares that's been dipped in hot glue. You just cut it to size, position it over the hole and hit it with a blow dryer. Presto, it works. You can tell it's a patch in the daylight but it nearly even looks good even then.

And so much for the peace accord. Our favorite problem returned last night and ate through the patch I'd put in the big screen. I mean, not somewhere else, he ate through the new patch. Well, part of the new patch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	51Round 6.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	1252732

I'm going to have to put poison on the porch and be mighty careful about it to make sure Kenny doesn't get into it. Put it out at night and take it back in in the morning.

If I put poison underneath the porch where it belongs, it'll kill all the rabbits. There would be a dead rabbit or three laying in everyone's yard and mass hysteria would set in - somebody's put out poison.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Cease-fire violations should not be taken lightly. Time for the big guns.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• You still need to find out what you're after. I imagine the tactics for possum are different for rat.

Also I posted the wrong cam.

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
              Cease-fire violations should not be taken lightly. Time for the big guns.
              After a nice long trike ride and some more thought we were heading to Tony Depot to get the poison. Sue suggested that we try what Mary suggested. And we will, the parts are in the house and the rat defense budget continues to increase incrementally per skirmish. Tonight we'll set out a big square of glue traps with yummy bait in the center of it.

Betting is now encouraged and I'll bet the scumbag won't get in it. He's too smart. Smarter than the average (fill in the blank).

Comment

• Originally posted by Markmx6 View Post
                You still need to find out what you're after.
                Right now I'd far rather see him in person. Dead.

Comment

• Hmmm what to bait the glue trap barge with? Oh, I know. Guess which one of these sausage patties will be for Willard. Unit said, "I can't believe you're cooking for a rat."

Name:	51 Patty.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	1252754

And then, do I patch over the patched up hole and the new hole that he made over the patched up hole, just to make him feel like he's accomplishing something when he comes in tonight? Or do I just leave him the newest hole so he can walk right in? So much strategy involved...

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• I am a big fan of the 5 gallon bucket trap similar to Bob's description - but I use an empty aluminum beverage can with peanut butter on it as the "roll and swim" device, drill a hole in the bottom and use the pop top anchor hole in the top to put the rod through. For the mice I was hunting, a 5 gallon paint stir stick was a perfect "ramp". I did not use the seeds over the water, just water. Other friends with remote hunting cabins use antifreeze instead of water for obvious reasons - in our basement / crawlspace - the water alone is fine, my record haul at this point is 5 mice in a day or two.

Good luck pdub!
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                        Good luck pdub!
                        Well, hey John!!! Long time no hey, so HEY!

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                          I am a big fan of the 5 gallon bucket trap similar to Bob's description - but I use an empty aluminum beverage can with peanut butter on it as the "roll and swim" device, drill a hole in the bottom and use the pop top anchor hole in the top to put the rod through. For the mice I was hunting, a 5 gallon paint stir stick was a perfect "ramp". I did not use the seeds over the water, just water. Other friends with remote hunting cabins use antifreeze instead of water for obvious reasons - in our basement / crawlspace - the water alone is fine, my record haul at this point is 5 mice in a day or two.

Good luck pdub!
                          the only downside I see with antifreeze is the inability to see the drown rats. I had a plugged coolant tube on my bandsaw..... it was not a pleasant experiencing finding the cause.... just sayin'
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• These things don't come with a protective covering on them. They come in twos, folded together and when you unfold them, they are ready for business. Turned some upside down onto wax paper (silly me) to tape them together and thereby I ruined 5 of them and had to go get some more. Oh my gosh that glue. that glue loves wax paper, and anything else that gets in it.

Name:	51 Glue Barge2.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	1252785

Now is the time to bet on tonight's result. It's okay to lay odds if you want to. I'm going 16-1 odds on no rat in the morning..

Comment

• Mary approves and put down $5.00.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                                Mary approves and put down $5.00.
                                I mean, I meant, it's okay for folks to bet with one another. I've already got a middle class fortune tied up in this dadgum rat. I'm not covering anybody's bets.
                                Last edited by pdub; October 2, 2019, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X