Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

Just noticed the Rat Fink shirt....
    My sister handed that down to me in the early 70's, in part because my initials are R.F. There, my personalized shirt.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• I had Rat Fink stuff everywhere when I was kid - Mom hated the stuff. About 10 years, I bought a Rat Fink T-shirt and wore it over to her house. The minute she saw the shirt she said, "OH! Not HIM again!".....
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post

My sister handed that down to me in the early 70's, in part because my initials are R.F. There, my personalized shirt.
        Musta earned it?

Comment

• Makes me feel a Wee bit better about my efforts... I did catch 3.. Know there are more.
          Sat with the 22 watching his/her path. Saw one.. Had my cat on it's tail then the darn thing lost it!
          Sat many cool evenings watching. Never saw it again.. Maybe cat caught it.. Now Fall is starting. Nowhere to leave traps without snaring my puddytats

Comment

• 0-14. I'm about halfway into believing in Rock's possum theory. Whatever it is, it ain't getting into a rat trap of anybody's make or description.

DB sent an email with photos that's got me thinking live trap. That's the trailer park budget version of a game camera, isn't it?

Comment

• bummer.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• I'm just catching up on this saga, is this going to be made into a movie?
                Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                  I'm just catching up on this saga, is this going to be made into a movie?
                  That's an interesting idea Dave, If it's to be a docudrama we must first determine how it ends. Right now it's somewhere in the middle of the storyline, just a grand mystery. There's been speculation here and on email that maybe it's a possum with the different points of entry, always changing the game. And it absolutely will not step in a rat trap. But we've photographed the bite signature in the screen which would incriminate a rat and there's more forensic evidence available as well. I offer exhibit T:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Turd.JPG Views:	1 Size:	31.6 KB ID:	1253014

There's no point of reference for size but a mouse turd is the size of an uncooked rice grain and this is about 3 times the size of that. Now, let's refer to Diagram B:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Poop Types.jpg Views:	1 Size:	102.0 KB ID:	1253015
                  I pick "B" from the menu of delectable choices above.

In any case it's still, "What IS it?" So tonight we'll be moving the game outside onto the deck where the bucket trap failed to gain results.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Cage Trap.JPG Views:	1 Size:	98.2 KB ID:	1253016

I'll bait it theoretically for possum - chicken and fish flavored canned cat food. So let the betting resume, not just "if" but "what?" And whatever gets into that cage may not even be our suspect. It could be rat, possum, rabbit, raccoon, feral cat, and no telling what else.
                  Last edited by pdub; October 5, 2019, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• Well, if the door is tripped shut, the bait is gone, and the trap is empty, it ain't no possum. Unless he's big enough to push the door back open.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• snake?
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Well? we're seriously behind with the updates.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                          Well? we're seriously behind with the updates.
                          You're not very behind except for I put the live trap on the deck and nothing so much as even nibbled on the food trail I left going into it. So I patched the last hole in the screen he made over the patch that I had made over the hole he made before that one, thinking for sure that would call him back onto the stage. Nothing. Whatever "it" is, it's a ghost, a ninja. It blows through like smoke.

And the new storage shed...I went into Home Depot to get some more rat traps one day and Unit waited outside in Bubba the Truck. I came back outside and Unit was out of the truck looking at storage sheds. That rat (or whatever it is) has cost me a fortune and I've never even seen it.

Comment

• Perhaps he is filling up on the 'trail' you make to the trap. Mary tries the same tactic to no avail..........they will find the bait by smell.
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• snake - and I'm so thankful I don't live anywhere where those are much of a problem. I can deal with them if given enough time to bolt down my emotional response. My wife is more tightly wound and if she knew of a snake in the house there would be no rest for me or the snake.....
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• So.........?
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Working...
                                X