Clear All

• Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
    He's a recon rat for the possum.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Recon Rat.jpg
Views:	4843
Size:	283.3 KB
ID:	1256338
    Last edited by pdub; November 18, 2019, 06:52 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Sue Unit reminded me that Superman had made a suggestion here a while back and I sort of shot it down, that rat's too smart to accidentally step in the glue traps if I put them outside. Well, what the heck, let's try it for farts and snickers. I still think this absopletely posilutely won't work but I hope to get Rambo Rat's reaction in the movie when he gets to the glue traps. I already know, he'll just fly up on the ledge and make himself a new nuther hole in that big screen to get in. Is anybody still betting on this fracas?

Name:	01 Glue Outside.JPG
Views:	253
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	1256397

Comment

• All you need now is some boiling oil and a moat.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• He's too smart for that set up. I'd fry his filthy little butt. I'd get some metal hardware cloth with 1.5" square holes. And some light gauge sheet metal. Both about 4' x 4'. Lay the sheet metal flat on the floor inside the door. Then lay the mesh on top of it, but spaced up about an inch with some chunks of a non-conductive material like hard plastic. Enuff so it can't droop and short. Then run a 110 volt cord to it, with the neutral (large prong of the outlet) hooked to the sheet metal, and the hot (small prong on the outlet) hooked to the grid. Plug it into a non-GFI outlet. When he comes jumping in thru that hole, he'll be feeling like Ted Bundy!

Comment

• I say just block off the screen to the level of the window sill. Use stainless like a business building or a fascia to match the siding. But then this fun would be over.
              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

• He made his rounds early last night, 9:48 p.m. This is as slow as we've seen him move, maybe his thinking module bogs down his warp speed drive. But I guessed wrong, he didn't jump up on the sill and chew a new hole in the big screen to get in. Not that time anyhow. Joel's idea about the electrified grid is tempting but I don't want to melt wires and burn the house down.

Comment

• He must smell the glue traps....I'd add a little aromatic bait tonight.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                    He must smell the glue traps....I'd add a little aromatic bait tonight.
                    Well, that would be the 3rd time we put bait in the middle of the glue traps. Might be fun, though - he'd go get him a stick out of the woods and then come back and pole vault over it.

Comment

• He's a clever little bugger. He sure knew not to step on the glue traps. Maybe set up a meeting - have your people call his- um - people. I could see this as the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Dan

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	28205.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	1256467

Comment

• Rock, a while back we picked out a door at HD and came back home to get Bubba the Truck to haul it. It was a wooden screen door with the tough animal (resistant) grid on the bottom half. Before we went back to get it I actually looked at the project and ohhh man...that door hole is a rhombus, by about an inch and a half. That door that's on there has been carved and butchered all ways to make it fit the Southern Engineered hole. And a door replacement wouldn't stop Rambo's adventures, he'd just jump up on the ledge and come through the big screens.

I'm still thinking about Joel's electrocution ploy and Unit had a novel idea to go with it. What about using 12V instead of AC? I've got the jump starter box, would that do it? What would 12V at a lot of amps do to a rat? I couldn't sleep all night with AC run to two bare panels, not knowing what it would do if the rat actually got stuck in it. But I for sure don't have a clue, that jump box may explode and burn down the house anyhow...

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post
                            Rock, a while back we picked out a door at HD and came back home to get Bubba the Truck to haul it. It was a wooden screen door with the tough animal (resistant) grid on the bottom half. Before we went back to get it I actually looked at the project and ohhh man...that door hole is a rhombus, by about an inch and a half. That door that's on there has been carved and butchered all ways to make it fit the Southern Engineered hole. And a door replacement wouldn't stop Rambo's adventures, he'd just jump up on the ledge and come through the big screens.

I'm still thinking about Joel's electrocution ploy and Unit had a novel idea to go with it. What about using 12V instead of AC? I've got the jump starter box, would that do it? What would 12V at a lot of amps do to a rat? I couldn't sleep all night with AC run to two bare panels, not knowing what it would do if the rat actually got stuck in it. But I for sure don't have a clue, that jump box may explode and burn down the house anyhow...
                            Even at 110 you'll need something like a microwave transformer for enough ZAP!

You'd be better off with a fricken' laser.
                            Last edited by RockJustRock; November 20, 2019, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Recon Rat Killed in Action

He resisted to the violent bitter end.

Name:	P1010643.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	1256516

Comment

• Best keep those traps set. All those rats look alike after all.
                                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X