The Worst Car Movie Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Worst Car Movie Ever

I was waiting in line at the Dollar Tree the other day. I mean waiting, like at the DMV. Everything in that store costs a dollar. The lady in front of me, she had...well, about an hour later her bill came up to be $99. Plus, she and the cashier were talking local family gossip the whole time, slowly with the Tennessee drawl. So meanwhile Unit was over there rummaging through the DVD bin. She found one for offer - "Do you want this?" Sure, might as well. After all, it's nearly free and it even has three whole movies on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010561.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	1252497

Folks, I submit The Junkman to be the very worst car action movie ever made. I mean, it's not lacking for car action and Dukes of Hazzard wrecks, but... at the end Unit and I just looked across the couch at each other at the same time...in bewilderment.

Then, for giggles, we started into Deadline Auto Theft. Wait a minute, I did something wrong with the remote. We're watching the same movie we just watched. Menu. Try again. Same movie again, what the.... well, they use the first 5 minutes of The Junkman to begin Deadline Auto Theft and then it starts going down a different script. An equally bad script. 10 minutes into Deadline and I bailed out. Time to start thinking some more about killing a rat.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Well at least you have go in sixty seconds on there . And as long as it's the original or the second one with Nicholas Cage you'll be alright for your dollar . But , if it starts out the same as the other two , then starts down an equally bad road , I'd use it to get a floating rodent body out of the bucket with .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

There have been some awful car flicks down through the decades, even back in the 50's. From the 80's... anyone remember "The Wraith"?
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Deadline auto theft if you see the part where the water tower falls,that actually killed the producer. HB Halicki.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
          There have been some awful car flicks down through the decades, even back in the 50's. From the 80's... anyone remember "The Wraith"?
          Charlie Sheen....
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
            I loved TheWraith as a teenager in the 80’s. Bought a couple of years ago, and thought...wow...I remember it better. Still, there were some scenes no teenage boy or man can “knock”.
            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Gotta admit, it was Charlie's best role - playing a dead guy.

Comment

But this one scene nearly made The Wraith worth watching!

Name:	wraith.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	1252593
                My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
                  Deadline auto theft if you see the part where the water tower falls,that actually killed the producer. HB Halicki.
                  If you kill the producer midway through a movie, does this cause the movie to split in two?

Seriously, it appears that Deadline Auto Theft was intended to be a director's cut of the original Gone In Sixty Seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                    But this one scene nearly made The Wraith worth watching!

Name:	wraith.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	1252593
                    Gotta love Sherylin Fenn back in the 80's

Comment

How do I export AVI to WebM video?
                      I was wondering if any of you know how to export AVI to WebM?

Comment

Originally posted by Selector View Post
                        How do I export AVI to WebM video?
                        I was wondering if any of you know how to export AVI to WebM?
                        Intelligent search from Bing makes it easier to quickly find what you’re looking for and rewards you.

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

To me Gone in 60 with Nick is kinda bad.. my gearhead brain won't shut off so when he is going 120 in high gear at 7000 rpm, then hits the nitrous and goes over 160 and leaves the chopper, my brain screams expletives. Its all through that movie too, not just that scene.

Fast and Curious is worse to me, same reason. So much technical stuff wrong, it just makes me point and laugh at the whole thing. Then they made more of them. New thing nitrous oxide is an explosive not an accelerant.

Not just car movies, the same thing happens with military flicks. I start picking apart uniforms, haircuts, customs and courtesies, rank structure, even tactics and ops. Its like most producers/directors don't bother to learn anything about it and just assume its like high school with cool jackets and lots of patches. It yanks me out of the movie headspace like that dude who got thrown from his shoebox when the seat mounts broke as it rolled.

Really any movie that has a technical nature to it where I am well versed in the areas displayed can pull me right out of suspension of disbelief. Others, where the uniforms are old like WWII and I am not well versed in the uniforms/haircuts/etc, such as Private Ryan, if its well done with all the stuff that is the same now it can pull me in and I feel like I am there, regardless of how jacked up the story line is. You get the car stuff right and that part of my brain doesn't wig out, then I like it.. but man those are rare. One thing that annoys the 'street racer' in me is when they show two cars side by side one inching up then back as they race. I have only had two close races like that in my entire life, where I am looking at him and he is looking at me, and I am not sandbagging him. Almost a thousand races and only twice was it even close.

Started watching one on prime about D day, airborne troops with mixed races and a female jumping with them..That just didn't happen in 1944, it wasn't until 48 the military was integrated. Sure if its a re-imagining or something fine..alternate timeline like Man in the High Castle. That one still boggled my head... but a female hauling a BAR on a jump? PUHLEASE.... That gun weighs almost as much as she does. Things like that make my brain scream, but I suppose someone who is clueless might enjoy it.

Might be why I like sci fi so freakin much, like Enders Game and Alien/s, its not supposed to be in the reality we know.. Back to the Future has some car gaffes in it, but for the most part I dig those flicks.

here I go writing too damn much again.I am not going to the dollar store to get Pdubs B movie suggestion.

However.. one B or even C movie you might enjoy is called "Rubber" and its safe for work, about a tire with psychic abilities. Trust me.. you'll hate it so much you like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post

However.. one B or even C movie you might enjoy is called "Rubber" and its safe for work, about a tire with psychic abilities. Trust me.. you'll hate it so much you like it.
                            From your description it sounds in the same genre as Sausage Party. That one is decidedly NOT safe for work but it'll leave you going WOW. I felt real bad the next time I peeled a potato.
                            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I have a pal who is a birder. In fact, his wife is the Kansas-Nebraska Chair for the Audubon Society. They go on six week long bird watching trips to South America just like going to Grandma's for vacation. He cannot enjoy movies when the birdcalls don't match the locale. He was angry awhile back about some show set in the great Northwest, and he heard birdcalls only made in California.

It's called a movie, folks. It requires a willing suspension of disbelief to watch some of them. They don't mean anything by it, okay? Just enjoy the flick, and go on.
                              Last edited by studemax; July 3, 2020, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X