The Worst Car Movie Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by studemax View Post
    I have a pal who is a birder. In fact, his wife is the Kansas-Nebraska Chair for the Audubon Society. They go on six week long bird watching trips to South America just like going to Grandma's for vacation. He cannot enjoy movies when the birdcalls don't match the locale. He was angry awhile back about some show set in the great Northwest, and he heard birdcalls only made in California.

It's called a movie, folks. It requires a willing suspension of disbelief to watch some of them. They don't mean anything by it, okay? Just enjoy the flick, and go on.
    I get this, however, there are some movies where the level of suspension requires brain death (e.g. Jerry McGuire's line)
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 4, 2020, 01:58 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

From your description it sounds in the same genre as Sausage Party. That one is decidedly NOT safe for work but it'll leave you going WOW. I felt real bad the next time I peeled a potato.
      Its not in the same genre as Sausage Party, more like Blair Witch goes on a date with Carrie, they meet Blue Planet and get assaulted by Spaceballs then its wrapped up in a tire.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

It's called a movie, folks. It requires a willing suspension of disbelief to watch some of them. They don't mean anything by it, okay? Just enjoy the flick, and go on.
        I would, and sometimes I can if I am limited enough in knowledge of the subject matter, but its not something I can control. I have been trained to notice things out of place, even minute details at a distance, a pixel out of place, a tree that wasn't there yesterday, someone walking where they should not be, a uniform not worn correctly. There are things I do that I have done since 11 October 1988 that I will probably do for the rest of my life, because it has been ingrained so heavily into me. I can only ignore just so much of it.

So when a movie is about something I know very well, it will definitely pull me out of suspension of disbelief. Every time. I can still enjoy the movie, but when its over a certain threshold of 'wrong' stuff tacked together, my brain screams at me. If its only a few things, no big deal, but danger to manifold, diamond plate falling out of the floors, dialog about double clutching... but wait theres more! its too much.

Comment

My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

From your description it sounds in the same genre as Sausage Party. That one is decidedly NOT safe for work but it'll leave you going WOW. I felt real bad the next time I peeled a potato.
            Is that the movie with Lorena Bobbitt?
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Is that the movie with Lorena Bobbitt?
              Could have been if she did the voice of one of the animated characters. Lorena always had a great face for radio.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
              X