Winter may be a season early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter may be a season early

I was working in shorts last week, it feels like it's going to snow this week..... we've had fake winter and fake spring before so it's not indicative of anything in my opinion, still, this is a bit early...
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

i for one am SO tired of the record breaking heatwave
    hawaii has been in for three !@&$%#@@!!!!! months.

im ready for fall, see?

Click image for larger version

Name:	fall.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	1252605

Click image for larger version

Name:	nocandy.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	1252606

Comment

We've had a high pressure thing sitting on top of us for weeks on end. There's been no point in checking the weather forecast, no need. Even the 10-day forecast has been reliable, a run where the weather guessers zing up their accuracy percentage. Hot. Dry. Yawn. 95, 94, 93, 95, 95, etc...they don't even have to guess.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Hot here.....mid-80s today.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

What should have been our summer rains, is our fall rains, this year. And we had some actual snow last winter. It's all wonky. Hopefully will straighten out next year.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
            What should have been our summer rains, is our fall rains, this year. And we had some actual snow last winter. It's all wonky. Hopefully will straighten out next year.
            Our summer was normal, as opposed to the last 5 or so years.... but then again, our weather follows a 20 year curve, if it follows this winter it is still going towards cooler. Of course, to listen to the Kalifornia refugees (who got suckered in by the glorious summers of the last 5 years), it really is the end of time.....

Comment

Starting to cool down here in FLA too.

Comment

We got hit with a bunch of rain Sunday. I was cutting wood inbetween storms. Got pretty slippery by the time I got a truck load

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                  Starting to cool down here in FLA too.
                  time to wear shoes instead of flip flops?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                    time to wear shoes instead of flip flops?
                    Almost ... went from barefoot to flaps.

Comment

It's November here. 59 last night 70s days. Real winter we don't make 70 and flirt with 40s at night, whimper, whimper.
                      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

SBG it definitely change in a hurry. Had our first frost this morning. Spring will be here in, well never mind.
                        Last edited by ratpatrol66; October 1, 2019, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ratpatrol66 View Post
                          SBG it definitely change in a hurry. Had our first frost this morning. Spring will be here in, well never mind.
                          Wondered if you were snowed on....

We also had 2 days of frost. Garden usually limps to mid/late Oct. Not this year.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                            We've had a high pressure thing sitting on top of us for weeks on end. There's been no point in checking the weather forecast, no need. Even the 10-day forecast has been reliable, a run where the weather guessers zing up their accuracy percentage. Hot. Dry. Yawn. 95, 94, 93, 95, 95, etc...they don't even have to guess.
                            Atlanta's been the same way. The weather forecast has been something like "For today, dry and record heat... for tomorrow, dry and record heat..." for the past week. They're expecting things to start to get back to normal this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post

Atlanta's been the same way. The weather forecast has been something like "For today, dry and record heat... for tomorrow, dry and record heat..." for the past week. They're expecting things to start to get back to normal this weekend.
                              Same here. I haven't had to mow the grass in several weeks.....probably because the grass is dying and turning brown. I mean it crunches when I walk on it. Today the high so far is 89 and that is cooler than its been in several weeks. I am rather tired of 100+ heat indexes. Good new is that the high on Saturday will be 78. I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

Working...
                              X