No announcement yet.

MTOD winning races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost everyone would like to lay claim to the title of owning the fastest street car in America. Everyone has their own idea of what a street car is, Hardly anyone is entering Drag Week to prove it anymore. IMHO driving straight from track to track, better rewards and more sponsor support would change this. The Endurance Drag Race Week has it's remaining fans and will probably go on like it is for years. It only NEEDS 300 entrants so it will take a LOT to kill it. Why not try to make it better and maybe spin off a Drag Race Rally for those who want THAT.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Again the purpose of ALL those classes was to keep big block, big buck chassied out and big tired out cars from running all over lower buck cars. All that just to have a small block, small tire, stock style suspension car smoke them all anyway? I guess all the classes makes it more obvious that a couple guys were like, oh, several times better at building, tuning and driving a car than everyone else. But hey, they all has to drive the obstacle course to the checkpoints too..

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

So, in your eyes because the law looks the other way makes it legal?
        I'm not making excuses for not being able to compete .So stop try'n to deflect.
        We are talking about street cars, that means they need to be legal, just because the cop, looks the other way at all that is wrong with it. doesn't mean poop.
        Every state has to follow the mandated safety requirements and fed emission requirements, just because some get away with having tags on vehicles that should've never got tags. doesn't make it legal street car.
        AGAIN, I'LL SAY IT AGAIN DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!!!
        You do realize they have a daily driver class... so yes, you are making excuses... I bet the guy in the franklin should of had his car impounded for lack of safety equipment too?
        58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

I don't know, maybe because they are labeled as street cars?
          I get it your opinion of a street car is if the owner can fool the RMV into giving them tags for it, and can not end up impounded, you call it good.as they didn't get caught breaking laws.
          So, don't cry when someone runs a top fuel pipe rack, and powers the street drive with a battery pack and a motor driving the front wheels.
          Cuz, well they added lights/signals/ and tags and insurance. It's a street car, right?
          No inspection required for pre ‘96 cars here... cars need to be legal for the state in which they are registered...so, how is that breaking the law... just because you’re state sucks, doesn’t mean others do...
          58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            I also wonder how much of Blasphemi is paid for directly by MTOD.... maybe that changes my mind?
            Maybe there should be a new rule where you have to provide your bank balance, to prove you could fund the car entirely yourself?

Comment

As we all know, the definition of "street car" varies widely, depending on who you ask. No matter how well you frame your argument, they will never change their mind. For the Drag Week event, they have established their basic requirements and if you comply with them .. you're in.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                As we all know, the definition of "street car" varies widely, depending on who you ask. No matter how well you frame your argument, they will never change their mind. For the Drag Week event, they have established their basic requirements and if you comply with them .. you're in.
                I don't think anyone is arguing that.
                But the unlimited has well, gone off the rails, even Larson has said as much for years.
                My thought was, if , They , Those running the show want to reel them back in to, reality of cars that you could drive and never have to worry about It's legal road worthiness . Only having to worry about your hooning it on public roads.
                Have a inspector from one of the states it runs through , trooper that does the constructed vehicle pre vin inspections . Or maybe a trooper from a state they don't drive through/in . to keep fines and such out of the deal. D.O.T. rules and Fed regs don't change state to state.
                doing those to the class(es) that have jumped the shark as it were. might bring it back to vehicles that you would not fear getting impounded every time you take it on the public roads.
                Riveted flooring(tin) and exhaust that doesn't go past the cabin is a simple few to point out, and I'd have to look but I'd venture a guess that almost all , if not all , the unlimited vehicles are this way.
                But so 'n'so's has fender exit, well. that's not road legal now is it.
                Last edited by Eric; October 9, 2019, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	190517064417-01-grumpy-cat-file-exlarge-169.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	1253375
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

SO many race series have been "enhanced" by making the cars slower. Let's just get this "fastest car" stuff out of the way and have a rally with dragstrip passes between checkpoints that ANYONE can win.

It will be joyous. A guy with a 14 second car from Street Machine eliminator hitting the checkpoints JUST RIGHT, getting all weepy saying "I can't believe I WON Drag Week" because doing a good job on the highway meant his car was the MOST "streetable" one.
                    Last edited by RockJustRock; October 9, 2019, 10:27 AM.

Comment

BTW "no race car tin" would eliminate MOST class cars. A "street car" is NOT a "constructed vehicle. It is a modified one. Don't get bent over those factors getting bent. Rules are meant to be stretched very tight right begore they break.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                        BTW "no race car tin" would eliminate MOST class cars. A "street car" is NOT a "constructed vehicle. It is a modified one. Don't get bent over those factors getting bent. Rules are meant to be stretched very tight right begore they break.
                        Well, that’s your opinion. Some say different.
                        Here’s an idea, since you have such problems with rules of an event you’ll never compete in, start your own form of drag week, make up your own set of rules, and show everyone what a real streetcar is.

Comment

I don't think anyone is arguing that.
                          But the unlimited has well, gone off the rails, even Larson has said as much for years.
                          My thought was, if , They , Those running the show want to reel them back in to, reality of cars that you could drive and never have to worry about It's legal road worthiness . Only having to worry about your hooning it on public roads.
                          Have a inspector from one of the states it runs through , trooper that does the constructed vehicle pre vin inspections . Or maybe a trooper from a state they don't drive through/in . to keep fines and such out of the deal. D.O.T. rules and Fed regs don't change state to state.
                          doing those to the class(es) that have jumped the shark as it were. might bring it back to vehicles that you would not fear getting impounded every time you take it on the public roads.
                          Riveted flooring(tin) and exhaust that doesn't go past the cabin is a simple few to point out, and I'd have to look but I'd venture a guess that almost all , if not all , the unlimited vehicles are this way.
                          But so 'n'so's has fender exit, well. that's not road legal now is it.
                          “Exhaust that doesn’t go past the cabin” so, a completely stock, 1970 AAR ‘Cuda, wouldn’t be legal, or any stock corvette with sidepipes...

a car only only needs to be legal, in the state in which it’s registered. There is NO INSPECTION for pre 1996 cars in NJ...so tell me why does my car need to pass what ever your states requirements are? I’m just passing through...just because it’s not legal where you live, doesn’t mean it’s not legal everywhere.
                          What do you drive... I’d bet there is something one could find that might be considered “illegal” in some part of the country...

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post

Well, that’s your opinion. Some say different.
                            Here’s an idea, since you have such problems with rules of an event you’ll never compete in, start your own form of drag week, make up your own set of rules, and show everyone what a real streetcar is.
                            No, I just have opinions and like to express them in public forums. I also try not to pass judgements on others.

Comment

A "street car" is NOT a "constructed vehicle. It is a modified one.
                              That sounds like it's trying to be a statement of fact, not an opinion. As a statement of fact, it's blatantly wrong.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

No, I just have opinions and like to express them in public forums. I also try not to pass judgements on others.
                                But you’re passing judgement on others who have a different opinion than you...

Comment

Working...
                                X