No announcement yet.

MTOD winning races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It starts out with a car, not pipe. Even if the car is just sacrificed for the VIN. IMHO a street car is anything built with the pretense of being driven in highways. It MIGHT be a constructed vehicle but the vast majority successfully avoid that label. It's "whatever you think you can get away with and do".
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post

But you’re passing judgement on others who have a different opinion than you...
      You're telling me to put up, shut up or go away.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
        For the Drag Week event, they have established their basic requirements and if you comply with them .. you're in.

except for the wait list

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

If you show up, you're in.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I think I smell sour grapes for some reason........
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Me and a buddy followed DW 2018 as spectators and I can say without a doubt that the participants of DW are the most hard core group of racers I have ever seen, DW is brutal on the participants and cars whether you're running 5's or 14's. I feel there was no "funny business" on the part of Finn or MTOD but I can see where there could be an illusion of impropriety and that maybe some extra scrutiny may need to be applied in the future. I have always said and will continue to say that DW is the greatest street car drag racing event ever conceived, long live DW!

Comment

Yes, I can't see how making things any more difficult for "racers" or rewarding them less would improve ANYTHING, but there are those who seem to insist. I can't see how making or keeping the event more unlike Drag Racing makes it special or better. It amazes me, a person can drag race every weekend, weather permitting and even get some money for it yet they build cars to race one week a year for nothing but glory. Street Legal is quite an appealing aspect for a fast car but on the other side of the coin I don't see NHRA guys making THEIR stuff street legal either. Seems to me it would be a real kick to have a Super Gas, Comp or Top Sportsman car you could cruise. When I was young I wanted to build a street legal M/P car. I guess the kids now want to drive big toter homes pulling trailers?

And back to the OP, if someone wants that glory they might have to get around someone close to the event. Sorry, if you want an official account of what it takes, fine, but leave the other guys alone.
                Last edited by RockJustRock; October 10, 2019, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Perhaps if you were to go on Drag Week, you might start to understand?

I used to go drag racing every weekend, 35+ years ago...it got boring, and now when I end up at a normal weekend race, it is just so boring. DW brings some life to it.

Yet again, it's not a spectator sport, it's a participant sport. If you want to understand, then give it a try. A few guys have shown that you can race anything that you can get to pass tech inspection, and have a blast doing it. And yet again, all you have to do to get in is show up. Registering online first is a good thing to do, getting on the wait list is a good thing to do, but so far they haven't had the 400 allowed actually show up to the event. It was down to about 355 this year.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Silly me. I think it can be better for participants, spectators and just fans. Again making it tougher for participants and more removed from actual racing doesn't seem to be the way. And don't forget rewards.

Comment

• The county fair derbies are paid for by the boards. Even the state fair. First goes from low of $1000 to high of $6,000 average derby to win seems around $2,000.. Then some add driver entry and pit passes to prize moneys. Normally paying down to 3rd or 4th
                      Would seem to me some sponsors would dictate $$ to prize..
                      Usually 2nd is just a bit above half of first..
                      Apples/oranges...

Comment

Working...
                      X