X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got no teef

forgive the title.
    its kinda funny.

I got a house visit from a nurse practitioner.
    for free, and the call that initiated it seemed serious.
    I have been disabled 23 years and only go to emergency room if I need to.. otherwise no doctors.
    no medicine.
    no prognosis.
    I actually have only a bone diagnosis...

this lady does the usual checks I remember since I was 3 yrs old.. just another dweeb with a checklist I thought.

she says, i need to check you mouth...
    So I am mouth open and the look on her face had me concerned.

"this is quite extreme, you need two rows"
    "all your teeth are dead."
    the appearance is not exactly a crackhead sugar addiction..I am very clean, live alone to be even cleaner. Its actually very violent appearing. jagged, carbon black burns...and even holes like hydrochloric acid made its way in mysterious ways.

that was that.
    so I am getting a referral apparently.

TLDR
    anybody have full dentures?
    I know to request implants to hold something something...else two full rows is a bit troublesome.
    any other advice?

while I am babbling.. my teeth started exploding in 1996, on the flight line.
    it never stopped.
    I have added it to my atomic bag of tricks...and save the pieces as they pop
    I had zero cavities, and a great smile i must say...midsummer 96 is when the bombs went off in my mouth...and never stopped. its at least one a year.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 10, 2019, 06:10 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

I've talked to people that started with implants but switched to partial plates because the pain was so severe so beware. Dentures are a pain. It seems like forever for your gums to heal adter the removals. It takes even longer to get over the feeling of a mouthfull of stuff. But once you get adjusted they last nearly forever. You get gum sores very infrequently, but a day or two and you're back.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

I got uppers and lowers... Lowers feel like eating with quarters in your mouth. Thus I wear the upper..
      Could not wait to get it back in my mouth after a recent surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
        I got uppers and lowers... Lowers feel like eating with quarters in your mouth. Thus I wear the upper..
        Could not wait to get it back in my mouth after a recent surgery.
        is it easy to stay clean etc?
        I assume to be taking them out at night or?

to further the mouth investiagtion by the nurse..
        the polydipsia and being too thin may all be related

I am expecting a relief if the time comes. It seems it will be as of now.

Previously boxer3main

Comment

Mom had full dentures since before I was born and thought nothing of them. She had English teeth in the extreme, evidently. The first set were made immediately after having her extractions and that was a bad plan but I don't think they do that anymore. I had a partial plate while my gums settled down after my top row (from canine to canine) was pulled and the diabetes slowed the healing - took about 6 months. Anyhow, the plate was pretty comfortable and I imagine felt about like a full plate would feel. After everything healed up the dentist made a glued-in partial that's been there over 30 years with zero issues.

I hope whatever treatment they design for you works perfectly.

Dan

Comment

I neglected my real teeth so I neglect my dentures equally. When I was around people I'd give them a quick brush with mouthwash every morning. Even so if you have bad teeth now you've learned how not to show them and breathe on people unnecessarily,
            Last edited by RockJustRock; October 10, 2019, 08:00 PM.
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

I am curious of a whole plate too Dan.

I remember my first emergency dentist. .was in uniform.
              went from zero cavities to hell on earth.

my latest popcorn explosion was a dunkin donuts parking lot walking to the truck.
              my dad and brother were there.

very serious physical event.
              I am just going to follow recommendations.. the faces i remember after first glimpse by doctor, nurses and dentists..
              it is not normal at all.

that is all i need to see...the reactions.
              HUGE electrical is part of the equation . I have confessed here my odds of existence.
              aircraft pressure, extreme thermals...

my age is also the push for full dentures. the nurse says, you are very yoong for this.
              I had to tell her its been 23 years already.
              Previously boxer3main

Comment

Due to being born in 1930 and growing up with a war diet my mother had all her teeth removed at nineteen.
                Apart from it being necessary she has never regretted losing her teeth.
                At least you can give them a good scrubbing from all sides and you donīt get irritating bits of food between the teeth until the next
                time you can brush them.
                Here in Spain one implant will set you back $1650.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Donovan View Post

is it easy to stay clean etc?
                  I assume to be taking them out at night or?

to further the mouth investiagtion by the nurse..
                  the polydipsia and being too thin may all be related

I am expecting a relief if the time comes. It seems it will be as of now.
                  Pretty easy to clean.. I use baking soda. Sometimes a bit of paste..
                  Leave in at night. Jaw alignment goes out of whack and feel naked.
                  At first I took them out to eat.
                  Worse comes to bad, a wash cloth helps when cannot brush.
                  My mom was young when they took her teef and hearing..

Comment

Due to being born in 1930 and growing up with a war diet my mother had all her teeth removed at nineteen.
                    Apart from it being necessary she has never regretted losing her teeth.
                    At least you can give them a good scrubbing from all sides and you donīt get irritating bits of food between the teeth until the next
                    time you can brush them.
                    Here in Spain one implant will set you back $1650.

Comment

Working...
                    X