Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom High Pressure Power Steering Lines

Howdy folks,

I've been working very slowly on the Riviera and while I've finally resolved some of the most pressing wiring issues other stuff has cropped up. The hydroboost system has always been noisy so I was trying to bleed it by running the steering box back and forth on jack stands. When I stabbed the brakes and turned the wheel the system made a fair bit of noise, bucked under the pedal and then blew the high pressure line from the pump to the booster. I've since looked more into it and I think I had a pin hole that was potentially seeping and then opened up (area was always wet with power steering fluid despite all fittings being dry) and the high pressure transfer line from the booster to the steering box had a kink in it.

I made the hoses last time from a kit, this time I want to order them premade with crimped fittings. Any suggestions for who to contact for getting some made up in braided stainless? I don't really want to get rubber lines as they get too close to the headers. Be really nice if someone could crimp a 16mm banjo fitting onto one end so I don't have another connection, aka potential leak, to deal with.

Thanks
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

any tractor supply/repair shop place makes hydraulic hoses to order.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      any tractor supply/repair shop place makes hydraulic hoses to order.
      In my area I have found the Parker Store (Goodyear Rubber Products) to be an excellent source for crimped hydraulic hoses and fittings.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

In my area I have found the Parker Store (Goodyear Rubber Products) to be an excellent source for crimped hydraulic hoses and fittings.
        Same here. Our Parker store is Fensel Supply but it's the same idea. Got to be either a Parker or Swagelok store near you.

Dan

Comment

Going to try out a local hose shop tomorrow and see what can do for me. Surprisingly the closest Parker places are not near at all and I really despise Bay Area traffic. Any luck I'll have new hoses next week and can start putting things back together.

Project snowballing is leading to me also redoing the brake booster mount as it turns out it's not as rigid as I'd like so I'm upping the thickness of the Al angle pieces it's made out of.
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Working...
          X