Rad ride by Troy

Edelbrock had all sorts of blowers

Colorado blower

supposed to be a week-to-finish build.... ummmm, no
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

more

scaffolding for a Factory 5 car.... viper powered

​​​​​​

this is cool, it's a copy of a model.... and RHD because it came from New Zealand

Gene was promoting the car.. pretty cool

they gave away hot wheel replicas of this

the only way GM fans are getting an open top 4x4

Yes please

and again Corvette will dominate

the story behind all of this is cool

American Honda bought a small fleet of Chevrolet pickup trucks when the company entered the American motorcycle market in 1959.

Comment

more

scaffolding for a Factory 5 car.... viper powered

​​​​​​

this is cool, it's a copy of a model.... and RHD because it came from New Zealand

Gene was promoting the car.. pretty cool

they gave away hot wheel replicas of this

the only way GM fans are getting an open top 4x4

Yes please

and again Corvette will dominate

the story behind all of this is cool

Comment

2020 NSX

this should be called death by 50ccs

so cute

Spend 250k to buy a
        Superleggera, spend at least that much having Kindig pull it apart and paint it another color... impressive, not something I'd do, but impressive

I really liked this Kindig 57 Corvette

I think those door handles will be dated... it worked, but now it's too regular

this one next to it.... 1100 hp LT4.... all of these were in the Lingenfelter booth

65 Lemans... it was on Kindig's tv show recently

perfect

not sure about the roof

yes or no?

Amazing datsun

Comment

ugh

on my list of things I want to build...

lots of tranny cutaways

forgive this Jeep.... I was asked to take pictures of some...

LT4 in a Hudson...

bugs

despite being a Buick guy - this generation of Riviera is the only one I like

but why with the headlights?

these wouldn't move, so now they're famous

Wayne Carini everyone (and some blond chick)

Comment

One of my favorites

despite faux tiger fur as glove box liner

more mall

lots of pictures of accessory set ups

Comment

I hate my computer, it sometimes posts before I want or goes to another page (it has a touch screen which makes it worse)

amazing amount of work went into this

this was something

Oh look, a FJ40 that as zero parts from Toyota

[img]https://i.imgur.com/
              mzmlZXmh.jpg[/img]

neat truck

more mall

is it just me or is that wheel not centered?

a flexible VW?

company makes custom glass.... note the lack of trim around the windows? pretty impressive

and it is glass.... not plexiglass like they used to do on high end builds

the gas monkey Riviera.... more hype then anything else

they have a big problem on the B pillar there's a bulge that shouldn't be there upper picture - it'll look like it has warts if they paint it.... that said, it's not done, but it's no Kindig car nor will it be... where Kindig would TIG the panels together, there's a bunch of blind, MIG tacks...

I'm impressed they took on the ugliest of Rivs but they should have made molds and carbon panels
              I did see the new Mrs. Rawlings, I think Richard was there too but truly I couldn't be sure because she is quite attractive.

mall

I won't get tired of RS 69 Camaros - but I'm over all the rest of them

and the silliness did not stop outside - there were several of these and there's quite an aftermarket to make them tougher....

let me wash that last view away with this

Comment

There was a day when you couldn't give these away .... now, they're one of the 'hottest' builds out there....

this isn't bad, it's no Suburban, but not bad

I want to DD my rail.... okay.... room for the wife too? no problem
                voila

I'm sure this would fit in a honda

the wheels alone cost $25,000

Mercury Marine quad overhead cam LS powered

my favorite... not even kidding.. truly my favorite

I don't get why useless bikes on top of mall ready rigs..

and wash it away

no mirror image turbos? no, it's a driver (overheard)

not too shabby either

this just in from the grim reaper a "why not?" car

this was maybe 2 booths south of the GM Riv... it is a piece of art, fast art, but well well done faster art that won't cost anywhere near the 300k allegedly in the monkey mobile

look closely at the suspension.... notice anything weird about the exhaust?

they also preserved the sideways movement of the steering column... bravo sirs

still don't see it?

cool bike

I swear there's a rule "no bumpers shall extend past the fenders" that is now in play....

anyway, that's it for Day 1.... tomorrow will be a lot more cars, Thursday is the main outside area, 4x4, Tires and hopefully Overland... we will see what doesn't happen Thursday will happen Friday... not going to the paint or stereo area at all...

Comment

thanks for the pics

Wow, it's even sillier than the last time I was there (4 years ago)

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

people seem nicer this year... granted, it's not Friday, but my seat-of-the-pants observation this year is nicer ... and that's despite there being a billion scooter rentals in the hall (and not just handicapped)...

Comment

Thank for putting up all those photos SBG.
                      Tim
                      Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

Awesome coverage, thanks for sharing with us !

Comment

I agree, they need to put you on the payroll here!

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

It keeps the forum in business, that's good enough pay for me.

Day 2 tires, t*ts and 4x4s... only 2 of those you will see
                            I hate it when I park my rig and someone blasts me.... oh well, it's a dodge, needs to learn to duck

nice wash line

these things keep breeding. I seriously don't get them, but it ain't my money and it must make them happy

I swear this was a yesterday picture, if so... sorry... if not, I love these

even monsters

there will be a lot of overland sprinkled through here.. nice to have a camp vehicle for when your electronics fail.

this is neat... I know the guy who builds them... he has 2 or 3 rigs at SEMA this year....

at some point, you need a clearance vehicle to run this tall....

neat truck turbos and cooling in the back - no seriously, the tailgate was 2 radiators

a 58" tire - makes the 24" center look reasonable....

screen doors for your Jeep

interesting?

I can't wait for people to find out what spraying bedliner does to resale on your 60,000 truck

this is kind of cool, allows you to use your truck but still have a 'show' bed

for me, later (Corvette)

these, they go so far as to put writing on the fauxwall

Comment

Mirrors for towing - but the cool part is they mount on any lip so on things like Jeeps and '40s you can have mirrors that are relocateable and removeable

didn't take long for lift kits for Rangers

Allison adapter for your Cummins... the spendy part is the electronics

for that gourmet bbq guy who tailgates....

AEV makes this bumper for a bunch of rigs, but I think it's probably about the best feature/design out there

note how it all wraps around the corners... this is not the 'new' style

only missing the shotgun and grey poupon

gone are the days you need to crawl into the back of your van for tools and supplies... they even make a power system so you can just push a button

Comment

Working...
                              X