• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This truck gets its own post... amazing

looks like nothing special... you couldn't be more wrong

first 18" of travel in the rear with 12" shocks

nothing is stock

you think the rear is trick... here's the front

I suspect they'll be putting in Reid Racing knuckles after the show... I spent more then a little time talking to the builders

tracked, powered skateboard

it's called a DTV shredder - made in Canada, costs 5k (which is like $10 American)

the backstory is the owner was never going to lose another Barbie Jeep race - I'm not sure I'd run this.... it looks like pink death

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

we have Milenco mirrors to tow the Airstream with the modern trucks, they work pretty well.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

5k made in Canada.... need

I remember when you couldn't give these away, now they're 90k

MTOD famous for being famous.... it's a lead truck for their ultimate adventure - the cutting the top is cool, though

the motor for that truck you saw above... LS, turbo....

the plan, according to the booth, is to drive this to Alaska as some kind of roadkill thing - personally I think the bears are fed enough, but here it is

remember my quip about 'style' .... here it is, no bumper around the outside of the truck..... it looks fine on cars, but on something that should be working?

more Ford love

yes please

Comment

excellent idea

coming soon to a colorado near me

already fully updating JL Jeep suspensions

but they don't fix the biggest flaw - the panhard bar in the back... there have been and there will be lots more accidents with people who tow trailers with Jeep JLs

I like the bolt on ability but still, not really a fix

they keep breeding

this would look nice in my garage... it was done by some friends at NW Defender

neat, stock cruiser

Japanese tradesman discovers Overlanding?

this is a crime.... extremely well done truck, not a sign or a person nearby

neat idea.... it's exactly what I did in the Jeep, and my last 2 suburbans.... not cheap, starts at 8k

home sweet home?

I actually found this more interesting

I'm impressed they got it up there

I like how they removed the C pillar

bump stops that are quite technical

this would be nice

Since Roxor came, it may soon transpire that Jimny is coming too under the same conditions (not licenseable)

neat blazer, but they were too busy so never got a good shot of it

yay or nay?

Comment

this is interesting

basically it's a cart that you pull up and onto your truck.... which would work awesome on a flat, convention center floor.... what I didn't see was how it could work in the real world

clever?

the fuel tank on the track made me stop.... snow trax donate 2 1/2 gallon fuel tanks by the gross because they never stay in place... this would go no where

the fuel barrel is interesting but I'm not sure round is a good shape when your tailgate is open

it's for sale.... and I didn't ask because there's no chance I could afford it

Broncos got love too... there's an entire new frame you can buy (for a mere 35k)
            what that does mean is you can now assemble a first-gen Bronco with no parts from Ford...

a garage for your RC car.... there was a smattering of RC car companies here this year

$136 for a deburring tool in festive colors... tyvm, I'll use a file

Factor 55 has a winching book out... $5... it should come with every winch sold

truck by day, Overland ruler on the weekend

nitros for use as intercooler...

scale... that's a 12" clutch next to that turbo

$20,000 ea

outside stuff

Brand new bronco

oh lord the scooters... they're renting them this year, yesterday a whole posse minus the boom box went rolling through....

bros as far as the eye can see

the original overlander ;)

you need more bros... well here you go

I was listening to the salesman trying to tell the guy in the wheelchair that he needed this... still not sure if joking

when Rescue needs to happen at the speed of plaid

okay, maybe I'm starting to like this gen of GM trucks

this was pretty amazing

another truck it would be criminal if it doesn't get major ink

as useless as the lifted ones, but I like it a lot

something historical happened with this car.... not sure what

i don't know if i like this or not

hmmm... camera doesn't pick up enough of the red

that's all for tonight, tomorrow Optima, the public areas and maybe a start on the paint section....

Comment

The old trucks sitting on the ground on 40" wheels with 1" of tire sidewall look even stupider to me than the new bro trucks. Sorry.

You're doing a great job of showing us what we're missing...keep it up!

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Squirrel, I agree.. Kid wants me to put bigger rims on my 57... I only put 15's on because the Cragar SS's I had (14") would not clear the disc brakes I kinda like the G-60-14 look.

Comment

Thanks for the coverage!
                  Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                  74 Nova Project
                  66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                  79 Chevy Truck Project
                  1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

thanks for sharing, I'll never see SEMA.. and when I do it is somebody's selfish take on the whole place.

the speedster with 130 on it is the james dean clone or actual?
                    really don't care.. but it was the little boxer going fast way back when.
                    I remember that model.

The more i see trucks, the more I realize my factory everything 1996 is the million dollar winner.

Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

If legend is correct, that would be a replica of James Dean's Lil' Bastard racer that he was killed in... Everyone associated with what was left of that car was killed or cursed for the rest of their lives!

something historical happened with this car.... not sure what

Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

highlights of Optima Challenge cars... at least 1/2 of them were C7 Corvettes....but this was sitting on the end, so it must be a challenge car?

lots of these too

more door

the occasional viper

and even rarer Ford

and more camaros

it took me a minute to realize that it's a air-to-water intercooler... seemed odd on a track car

I suspect if they can get longevity fixed on these, they will be the next Miata track car

all pretty much set up the same way, spoilers, wheels, v8

with the occasional vtec

this was in the lineup as well, I asked the owner if he ran it in the challenge - no, but he wanted too (right answer IMO)

not, it's not a Metro, it's a Wetro

juvenile, but funny
                        okay now guess the power maker...

Comment

yep, 12v cummins... good guesses everyone

another oddity

the obligatory Corvette picture.... every last one looked like this (equipment)... point is if you want to win, there's the formula

a GTR

who would guess that a 69 Camaro would ever be an oddball, but indeed they are in this arena

and a C3 Corvette, it gets press because I'm the press

Nasty secret, outside of the shell - it's the same formula as the new Corvettes.... right down to LS powered
                          but no sidepipes... I know, right?

this was also unique....

of course Mustangs were represented - however, not as much as I figured they would be

this guy gets more press because it's t-top car....

this was cool too

why not more out there like this? I have no clue

it still has its doors attached, I can't imagine it's competitive, but still pretty cool

yeah, I like it

back to Optima

these are cool

Mothers had several cars under their car - the picture before of the guy cleaning the Camaro is the owner of that car cleaning it... not so here

rotary was represented by one entry

Very popular truck

so popular that getting a picture was no easy... thanks buddy

the one Mopar that wasn't a Viper

there are some who might like this here

Comment

Onto show cars... I'm in love, it's even Buick powered

I was in an ongoing text discussion as my dad tried to identify the year (it's a 54)

lots of nice C10s

of course it's also pretty much a formula now

this one nailed it for certain

Nitto tire had a booth with some neat cars

the lineup will come up twice because I went through twice... the first time was to meet the vlogger on Vice Grip Garage

a friend's company builds these (and the lifted 65 Quad cab (blue) that was on day 1

a nod to Bob Holmes.... I'm not sure this runs either

showcar take on an Optima car

I'd get tired of the RHD but yes please

neat el camino

I think Ford's biggest problem with the Ranger is it looks functionally the same as a Colorado

oh heaven there were a lot of first gen broncos

formula

Barry would die if he saw this truck in person, it's amazing

chevy powered factory five race car

half off

someday I build one, chevy powered, of course

the Hot Wheels tour was out in full force

I like, a lot

famous for being famous... actually famous because someone build a real car to match a Hot Wheel

the Gas Monkey hotwheel

okay, time to eat.... be back in a bit

Comment

More pics of the Pontiac Please !!!! Especially the wheels
                              your kids can have their own racecar www.aasbd.org

Comment

I can't imagine that Pontiac won't get a full feature somewhere, but when I go by tomorrow I'll see if I can get a few more

I know these are clown cars, but whatever, I think they're cool

Darth Vader

lots of creativity and dollars here

more bro

nice run-on-a-theme ... bet it was relatively cheap to build

nice overland rig

hero car from Fast and Furious... blower is fake

the company that supplies these cars was there - interesting stuff

as boring as the engine compartment was, they take safety very seriously

more Jeeps for those Jeep enthusiasts

250k and it could be yours.... it was both simple and well done... 250k? not me, but if I were to buy one this would be it

a Volvo

more broncos... suspect that because Ford is re-releasing the Bronco there was some Ford encouragement to bring them out

people were saying how easy Ford was to work with and how they weren't concerned at all about trademark issues (look it up)...

it's the driver side rear door that makes or breaks these things

I don't think there was a style of make that wasn't represented....

still not a fan of the faux LS

my vote is still out on this one

neat design, but shiney rust?

this Camaro was probably the nicest there.... and totally understated.... everything is custom

and I don't have an outside shot of it... I'll grab one tomorrow...

another nice C1

arrow straight - which they did not come that way from the factory

allegedly a restoration.... not buying what they're selling but that's what they're selling

I can just hear the customer "but I don't like rear engine Lamborghinis" okay, here ya go

carbon fiber hood on an overlanding vehicle.... someone seriously doesn't get the concept of overlanding...

Comment

Working...
                                X