No announcement yet.

To those who served, we owe you more than we could imagine! Remember the 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To those who served, we owe you more than we could imagine! Remember the 8th

Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Thanks, there are many who should be thanked and many like myself who are proud they served!!!

Comment

That's Mike Anderson's unit............
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
        That's Mike Anderson's unit............
        Thanks for the info Ed... I didn’t know that... we are all brothers and sisters that have our crosses to bear....thanks to all who have served, and the families who supported them!
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Thanks to all Veterans... Words never are enough it seems...

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
            Thanks for the info Ed... I didn’t know that... we are all brothers and sisters that have our crosses to bear....thanks to all who have served, and the families who supported them!
            The 173rd is an airborne brigade (with 1500 to 3200 soldiers) , so Mike may not have been a part of that specific unit.....it was probably an Infantry Company within one of the Battalions (2 to 5 of those) within the Brigade. I do know he was a long-range-reconnaissance-patrol (LRRP) guy.........they usually were squad sized units or smaller.
            Last edited by oletrux4evr; November 9, 2019, 09:31 AM.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

The military didn't want me and I didn't want them back then. Still, I have the greatest respect for those who did their best on our behalf in those days - and ll the days before and since. I hope there comes a day when no young men or women of any country need to fight and die but in the meantime we are truly fortunate that young people step up to keep us safe and free. My deepest thanks to all who stand up for us.

EDIT: I should mention that my two older brothers were in the Navy and one was a Vietnam era vet. I deeply appreciate their service as well as the service of the others.

Dan
              Last edited by DanStokes; November 9, 2019, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X