A brief word to our sponsors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A brief word to our sponsors

I didn't get a chance to say hi, but got a chance to watch Brian Lohnes in action at SEMA. For a fertilizer salesman, he's nailed his calling and what he's selling it ain't fertilizer.
    SEMA is about people like him who trade security for a dream. Brian, you rocked it, you belong on that stage.

Doing it all wrong since 1966

There isn't room to 'like' this on the original post, so I'll do it here.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

All I can add is that he's also an AMAZING announcer. I feel privileged to have been announced by him on our little FM station at ECTA for those years when he was "The Man" on the mic. He took the time to know the racers and the cars/bikes so he had something meaningful to say as we staged and made our runs. To add to what SBG said, he earned his position.

Dan
      Last edited by DanStokes; November 9, 2019, 09:36 AM.

Comment

I'll never get to enjoy hearing his announcing... But I did enjoy the few emails we exchanged when I first signed up.. Before he became busy (famous )

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
          I'll never get to enjoy hearing his announcing... But I did enjoy the few emails we exchanged when I first signed up.. Before he became busy (famous )
          after which you come in under a different screen name....

Comment

Always been Deaf Bob.. Email changed. But old one still activeishy

Comment

I liked the road kill show I think it was, that they Dave and Brian were standing infront of a dead drag strip sign, and dave, did a shots fired, toward brian.
              dave said, " That is why no one likes you, and started walking away and the show ended..
              I'm sure it was all in good fun, but the look on his face, priceless.
              Last edited by Eric; November 13, 2019, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                I liked the road kill show I think it was, that they Dave and Brian were standing infront of a dead drag strip sign, and dave, did a shots fired, toward brian.
                dave said, " That is why no one likes you, and started walking away and the show ended..
                I'm sure it was all in good fun, but the look on his face, priceless.
                Thankfully Brian is far classier then me, I would have looked at Dave and said "well, you're no Grey"...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  I would have looked at Dave and said "well, you're no Grey"...

Comment

I know David and like him. Not to say we're close friends but when we see each other at Bonneville he addresses me by name. I like him but I don't know why or how he's gone off on the tangent of throwing stuff together and publishing the predictable, disasterous results. To each his own, i 'spose. Folks tend to forget that he can build some wicked engines that end up in Keith's Camaro and set records. As far as writing - he does well and it isn't easy.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      I know David and like him. Not to say we're close friends but when we see each other at Bonneville he addresses me by name. I like him but I don't know why or how he's gone off on the tangent of throwing stuff together and publishing the predictable, disasterous results. To each his own, i 'spose. Folks tend to forget that he can build some wicked engines that end up in Keith's Camaro and set records. As far as writing - he does well and it isn't easy.

Dan
                      key takeaway from my prior post... .don't you mess with Brian

Comment

Brian is smarter than the average bear. I can state that as a fact.

Dan

Comment

Most of us when unexpected/unneededly get insulted are flabberghasted.. Bet Brian wishes he had a retort!

Comment

Working...
                          X