Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Fast Do You Think This Guy was Going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Fast Do You Think This Guy was Going?

We were just tooling along down to Chattanooga this afternoon. We were going 70 mph, ohh-dee-ohh-dee-ohh......and...the silver Camaro sort of meanders onto the scene. I'm guessing he was going 130, but that's just a wild guess, maybe low. This sort of thing makes me mad is what it does.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I know, right, you could have been a 128.... but no, you want to be safe....
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

wants to be the next taco around the phone pole!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	sd.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	1255500
      Last edited by silver_bullet; November 10, 2019, 06:49 AM.
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Death wish.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
          Death wish.
          And not even close to being a race car driver. In the still shot, look at the lane we were driving Bluebelle in. Just LOOK at it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Big Picture.jpg Views:	0 Size:	269.8 KB ID:	1255492
          Did he take that lane and motor on in it? Nooooooo, he had to swing it out there by the wall and threaten some other folks. That Camaro showed some body roll getting over there at that speed.

The $50 dashcam makes a pretty movie in high def but my video editing software on the computer converts the .MOV file to .avi and it loses the high def format. So I was thinking, do a screen grab from the raw file and then zoom that to get the license plate number. Nope, you don't get NASA stuff for $50. Rats.

Name:	Pixel Plate.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	1255494
          Last edited by pdub; November 10, 2019, 06:20 AM.

Comment

There is no point getting the plate number . Really no way to prove speed he was going or yours or even what jurisdiction your in . Vent and let it go .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
              We were just tooling along down to Chattanooga this afternoon. We were going 70 mph, ohh-dee-ohh-dee-ohh......and...the silver Camaro sort of meanders onto the scene. I'm guessing he was going 130, but that's just a wild guess, maybe low. This sort of thing makes me mad is what it does.
              He was driving 'self important, I wanna die and I don't care who I take with me' speed...

I take it you're using, and you like the dash cams I recommended?
              Ours are still working fine and dandy a year later..

I started driving my rusty green winter beater XJ (it doesn't have a dash cam) a week ago. I'm so used to having a dash cam now that I ordered one for it on Friday. A dash cam has become a necessity for me, and I can't drive anywhere without one. There are too many idiots like the Camaro guy on the road, not to mention all of the distracted self important cell phone users. I bought my friend a dash cam after he saw mine and now he's in the same boat now, he can't drive without one.
              Last edited by tardis454; November 10, 2019, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post

I take it you're using, and you like the dash cams I recommended?
                Yes, and thanks again! I got three of em, one for each ride. It's 4 steps to get started driving. Butt in seat, seatbelt on, start the engine, plug the dashcam in. Sometimes I might make it partway up the hill leaving the house and....aww shoot, forgot to plug in the dashcam.

And it's even fun to play with after you get back home.

Comment

In the 80s I saw two guys in (apparently) brand new matching Porsche 911s racing through traffic on the 405. Not sure what model but they were bright blue with whale tails. Made me hate the people that made this movie scene:

My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

I recorded a subaru WRX by chance, 50 dollar camera.
                    my attempt at license plate zoom was off by 1 digit...
                    that car has not been seen or heard again after i posted.

I am finding other cheap ways to go about it... upgrade to at least 1080p.. I got some 4k cheapies too.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

As always, it could have been worse...

Name:	76193014_10157993102352112_8748060096539394048_o.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	642.4 KB
ID:	1255687
                      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

A couple of years ago I was driving solo from home to Omaha, NE. Somewhere around Columbia, Mo on I-70 down an on ramp a Mustang of some sort and a Subaru STI came flying down the on ramp side by side. I mean they were at high speed even before actually getting on to the highway itself. Even with the air on and windows up I could hear these two even as they disappeared, still side by side. The only time I saw the not side by side was when they wound through traffic. My bet would be that they were over 100 as they left the on ramp and increased speed rapidly from there. I was intrigued, but also appalled at the risk they were putting not only themselves but others on the interstate. .

Comment

What next, you going to hover in the left lane to stop those that might run over the posted speed limit.
                          What was the posted limit on the road, where you over it?
                          speeding is speeding, roads would be safer if everyone worried about themselves and not what others are doing.
                          You have no idea if the driver was an undercover on a call, Barnaby jones ( I think that is the phase you guys use for wannabe cops/busy bodies)
                          Last edited by Eric; November 12, 2019, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                            ... Barnaby jones ( I think that is the phase you guys use for wannabe cops/busy bodies)
                            WOW - that is a reach back in american tv culture. Perhaps a more focused reference would have been Jim Rockford - famous for among other things doing "Rockfords" in his Firebird Esprit

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                              WOW - that is a reach back in american tv culture. Perhaps a more focused reference would have been Jim Rockford - famous for among other things doing "Rockfords" in his Firebird Esprit
                              Maybe, but in that show Jim was ok with "sprited driving" hence the "Rockford, known to most petroheads.

Comment

Working...
                              X