Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Absotively and positutely!

And yes, it's great to hear he's coming along so well. It was a great comfort to me to have all the BangShifter support when I had my operation and so I kinda know how Corvettedad feels. I'm going to keep sending that Positive Energy!

Dan
    Ditto for us when Austin had his brain injury .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Thanks guys, this is a great bunch of folks. We're heading home. He's listening to one of his favorite songs, George Thourgood's Bad to the Bone. How appropriate.
      Last edited by corvettedad; November 17, 2019, 04:13 PM.
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Glad he is doing OK Perry, this is so great for John and you & Robert! Outstanding!
        Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Got home Sunday night and he's resting well. Trying to stand and has taken about 2-3 steps and trying to transition from wheelchair to bed/couch. He's having to relearn how to move, stand, rollover, ect because his center of gravity has drastically changed and it really has him confused but he's trying and that's what matters. Go back to Dr Thursday.

Comment

Don’t worry John! You’ll get better soon! All of us are pulling for you! Our thoughts and prayers are still going strong!
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Go John, go go GO! You da Man!
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                Got home Sunday night and he's resting well. Trying to stand and has taken about 2-3 steps and trying to transition from wheelchair to bed/couch. He's having to relearn how to move, stand, rollover, ect because his center of gravity has drastically changed and it really has him confused but he's trying and that's what matters. Go back to Dr Thursday.
                Hope Dr. Thursday is highly skilled! (I saw that and it struck me as funny.) And, of course, sending Best Wishes!

Dan

Comment

Well just when I thought John taking a couple of small steps from his wheelchair was something, he just goes and blow's that out of the water. Tonight he " WALKED " holding my hands from my Mom's living room down the hall to the bedroom, approximately 30ft to go to bed and was not wobbly. This young man is motivated.

Comment

Of course he is! Mobility is great until you do not have it! Soon you will hear the Vette leaving... This is great news!

Comment

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!! Thanks for the update!
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Wow. Just WOW!!!!!!! That's epic great news.
                        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Happy news - great to hear !
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

WTG John!
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Just now read this, my day is made! Is John working with a physical therapist?

Comment

Originally posted by sueunit View Post
                                Just now read this, my day is made! Is John working with a physical therapist?
                                No, he's working with PT Dad. I've worked with PT's for the past 15 year's, but most of it is John, he knows what to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X