Good Roads/Poor Roads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Roads/Poor Roads?

It's a case study in case studies. This one came out last week. How do they come up with methods to rank things and then do a study? You can read the methods and come to your own conclusions. Tennessee ranks 13th worst, but did they not weigh the numbers? Roads in good condition/roads in poor condition/money spent on roads per mile. Maybe fatalities per mile was the heavy factor which could reflect on regional driver skill, attitude or attentiveness.

We didn't live here in TN long at all before I noticed, man these are some good roads. They re-pave roads that don't even need paving, secondary roads. The rest stops beside the interstate are the best maintained of any I've seen. It must be the tax structure here, TDOT must be filthy rich but the dollars spent per mile don't reflect that. The good/poor roads numbers are there and I totally agree with those numbers, which are clearly the best, but ranked13th worst.

Maybe we should do a study on why there are always so many studies.
    Some roads are less traveled for a reason. Learn what states have the worst roads. See why South Carolina, Louisiana and Hawaii top the list.
    Last edited by pdub; November 15, 2019, 06:50 AM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

P, surely you realize these kinds of articles are assigned to the dummies on the masthead - and is written only for clicks, not to be take seriously by someone with functioning gray matter? She did the minimum in research, and made the rest up.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Manipulated data to reach her end ideal...

Comment

Working...
      X