Ford's Finally Killing the Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford's Finally Killing the Mustang

They had a mighty good long run. It's a sign of the times, when the youngsters start filtering into the board room. The 2021 Mustang Mach E revealed. This is like putting a Corvette emblem on a fiberglass trash can and calling it a Corvette. Why even bother to defame the name?

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Damn. That thing is butt ugly.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I know I'm a die hard Chevy guy but I do like and can appreciate other car models, that thing is pitiful and doesn't deserve the word Mustang in it's name.
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

That's heartbreaking. ME's brother worked with Iacocca and the team that brought forth the original Mustang so he was there at the birth. I'll be curious what he thinks of THIS mess.

Dan

Comment

My nephew works on the battery engineering team for Ford and was pretty exited about the press release. I'm not sure why they felt compelled to call it a Mustang though. Looks more like a station wagon. Also, I would bet there is a 4 door version as well. Ewwww!

In brighter news - they were promoting the 2020 Mustang Shelby GT500 at the Nascar race yesterday. 760 horespower.

https://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/models/shelby-gt500/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIit_kqo_05QIVTtyGCh2U4wjiEAAYASA AEgIjY_D_BwE&searchid=954973139|79598414538|297868 441633|&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMIit_kqo_05QIVTtyGCh2U4wji EAAYASAAEgIjY_D_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!2519!3!38227297 0508!e!!g!!mustang%20shelby%20gt500
          Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
          74 Nova Project
          66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
          79 Chevy Truck Project
          1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

My nephew works on the battery engineering team for Ford....
            Ask your nephew WTH Ford is planning for recycling this battery? GM hasn't figured it out yet, and are stacking them up like cordwood until they figure out a solution. Same with Tesla (unless they catch fire).It's a real biohazard disposing of lithium-ion batteries, and we need a solution soon if we are to continue down this very questionable road.
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I believe the SUV is an addition to the line, not a replacement for the car. They are "borrowing" the name to generate the interest. It worked. They made you look!
              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

As with several of the manufacturers, I would have to pose the question....you’re going to name it what??? Is nothing sacred?
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I stopped doing that when GM called a Korean subcompact "LeMans".

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                    I believe the SUV is an addition to the line, not a replacement for the car. They are "borrowing" the name to generate the interest. It worked. They made you look!
                    "generate".... you're a terrible person but your puns aren't bad
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                      I stopped doing that when GM called a Korean subcompact "LeMans".
                      Or the Nova, or the Impala...
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

to quote my 9yr old niece naiome….

#1, eew.
                        #2, eeeew!
                        and #3, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWW...…..

Comment

Epic Fail.... with the Buzz from the New Bronco.... Maverick !!! would have been a natural
                          your kids can have their own racecar www.aasbd.org

Comment

I think the two side by side will look hilarious. The SUV will look FAT!

Comment

One of these things is not like the other!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-mustang-mach-e.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1256325

Comment

Working...
                              X