Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Oughtta Give McT A....

Boner... Pricey, but well executed

Always SOMETHING..... slapper bars gotta go.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

That's Purdy!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

NICE!!!!

Dan

Comment

Like everything about it but the wheels.
          Last edited by ratpatrol66; November 26, 2019, 01:33 AM.

Comment

There is a shitload of body modifications in that car. Reworked quarter windows, the rear "bustleback" line has been eliminated without looking wrong...a lot of work. Dude's in the ballpark money-wise, too.
            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by BangShift McT View Post
              There is a shitload of body modifications in that car. Reworked quarter windows, the rear "bustleback" line has been eliminated without looking wrong...a lot of work. Dude's in the ballpark money-wise, too.
              mods usually reserved for 50s cars are now being done to 70s cars..... new trend?
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Learning old customizing tricks, no cars to work on, thus...?

Comment

Hmmmm.... Now THIS makes it interesting.

Comment

Reference photo on body mods....

Click image for larger version

Name:	raven.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	1256716

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                      Always SOMETHING..... slapper bars gotta go.
                      If I can coax enough power out of the Dart's slant six to have traction problems, I plan to see if I can fix them with slapper bars just to troll the "Don't put traction bars on a Mopar!" crowd. They will be something I'd put together myself and not some generic Lakewood "one size fits all" slapper bars. (The real problem is if you try Heim jointed traction bars on a Mopar - with how stiff the front half of the leaf spring is, you end up with an overconstrained axle.)

I think we can both agree that they shouldn't be painted yellow on this car, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post

If I can coax enough power out of the Dart's slant six to have traction problems, I plan to see if I can fix them with slapper bars just to troll the "Don't put traction bars on a Mopar!" crowd. They will be something I'd put together myself and not some generic Lakewood "one size fits all" slapper bars. (The real problem is if you try Heim jointed traction bars on a Mopar - with how stiff the front half of the leaf spring is, you end up with an overconstrained axle.)

I think we can both agree that they shouldn't be painted yellow on this car, though.
                        Thinking about putting slapper bars on Mutt. Folks who have watched us run say I'm getting wheel hop off the line though I can't tell in the driver's seat. I'm thinking a little help there would be enough.

Dan

Comment

I'm sure everyone has heard it but Chrysler mounts the axle 1/3 of the way back on the spring instead of in the middle. Also they put a snubber on the pinion housing. If you want more stiffness you can just clamp the leaves together, which is what most traction bars do anyway. It would just be so much cooler for the owner of that car to say he has super stock leaves and an adjustable snubber than "ladder bars". If not a Mopar then Cal Tracs. I guess if you have the only Mopar in a Chevy crowd you could run slappers to impress THEM. But it won't hook any harder.

Spring clamps on Mutt would be a great idea. You don't care about a bumpy ride. Get them on a pair of pieces of channel iron if you want to impress Camaro dudes.

Comment

Don't want to impress anyone, just a smoother launch. IIRC, slappers work OK on a midlevel performance S-10.

Dan

Comment

Dan, my 57 had bouts of wheel hop.. Sits level but 7 leaves on right side vs 5 on left.. To heep it from busting stuff, I added an LTD rear sway bar and no more hopping and cycling.. Git n go..

Comment

Working...
                              X