Don't Quit My Day Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Quit My Day Job

If you want to showcase what a lousy carpenter you are, install two shelves in a brand new shed you paid to have built. Put two shelves in there and use a level to install each of them. And then stand back and look to see what they look like, one versus another. And use long nails instead of screws to hold them up so you'd basically have to tear the shed down to move them at all.

I still wish Dan Stokes lived in my neighborhood. I could keep him mighty busy doing things around here, things that turn out looking pretty.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Crooked Shelves.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	1256855

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Looks better than here...

Comment

Junior doesn't seem to mind.
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
        Don't Quit My Day Job
        But you already did.

Comment

A) One of the downsides of retirement is that you can't quit.

B) They don't look all that bad and the stuff you put on that shelf didn't fall on the floor so all in all not too bad.

Rock On!

Dan

Comment

Maybe save the adult beverage till after the job is do e next time .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
              Maybe save the adult beverage till after the job is do e next time .
              We've been adult beverage free for months over here and I've proven that I don't need any help messing projects up. It comes naturally, with or without lubrication.
              Last edited by pdub; November 27, 2019, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Simple... center punch the offending nail heads and drill them out... measure from a level surface(the floor?) and reinstall with screws... you can handle this!
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Maybe you should clean them off, add a few more and make a real life Donkey Kong game?

Click image for larger version

Name:	why-is-this-game-named-after-the-villain.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	1256968
                  My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                    Maybe you should clean them off, add a few more and make a real life Donkey Kong game?
                    WOW Rock, I could glue some really wide wood strips to the front edges and it would definitely support a bowling ball. Put the Dan Stokes propane powered shop heater out there and charge admission when the weather turns cold - Indoor HEATED Donkey Kong! All of the kids will throw down their smart phones and line up all the way around the block to give it a roll. I'll have to pay you a commission to use the fabulous idea but we'll have that shed paid for in no time. Man, I love a great action plan, From failure to fortune!

EDIT: ..but when I put up the lower shelves, if I try to make them be crooked they'll come out level instead and the ball won't roll on the third shelf. Dang, that was exciting there for a minute.
                    Last edited by pdub; November 28, 2019, 05:16 AM.

Comment

I put 4 towel bars up the first two I measured and leveled took my time (way too long) and they looked crooked. The next two I just eye balled and put up in just a few minutes, came out looking just as good.
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                      X