A Mopar Race Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Mopar Race Movie

To help you non-sunny state folks beat the duldrums of winter, I slapped together a little movie of me and some of my Mopar buddies in the points race yesterday at Sacramento. To give you an idea of how we are running all of the cars are NA - my Demon 9.38 (Pro ET and C/Gas), the 'Cuda 8.80 (S/Pro, S/G, S/ST), Challenger 9.39 (S/Pro, S.G, S/ST), R/T 10.0 (S/Pro), Barracuda 10.50 (replacement bullet - normally 9.70 - Pro ET and D/Gas).

So, if you're in the mood for fast cars, good racing, smokey burnouts, and hangin' hoops all set to some classic Hendrix and Dick Dale - grab your popcorn and enjoy.

The Mopar Boys of Sacramento having some fun at the track - only in Cali.

Re: A Mopar Race Movie

Run down the history, build & specs on your quick & tidy awesome lil' Demon!!

(And keep Jimi & the vids comin'! --- Thanks!)

Comment

Hey Lil Demon, be sure to tell everybody I built the custom alternator bracket on the front of that mopar noisemaker...

Comment

Very Badass.Look like some Mopars that perform as well as they look (awesome as Hendrix!)

Comment

Originally posted by Two Lane Blacktop
          Run down the history, build & specs on your quick & tidy awesome lil' Demon!!
          (And keep Jimi & the vids comin'! --- Thanks!)
          1971 Dodge Demon, 520 stroker (low deck), Indy -1 heads (box stock), Indy tunnel ram, two Bigs prepped 1050 Dominators, Pro Trans 727, Dana 60 with 4.10s (soon to be 4.56s to take a shot at the 9.20s). 3150lbs with me in it. All steel except hood and decklid, all factory glass and trim (fiberglass bumpers and front brackets). Back half 4-link car that I'm still sorting out. Trick paint by Richard McPeak in Riverside, CA. Normally aspirated with no electronics.

Next big change after the gear swap will be to install Pro Glass and gut the doors which should net me about 200lbs in savings. The goal is to get the car running 8.90 - 9.00 NA. I race it in PRo ET in the NHRA Summit Series and C/Gas Eliminator in the West Coast Pro Gas Association and now the new NHRA Nostalgia Series.

Comment

Yes - Wikd 69 built the custom alternator bracket that was originally for a Chevy (gasp!!!!!!) fueler.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Demon
              Yes - Wikd 69 built the custom alternator bracket that was originally for a Chevy (gasp!!!!!!) fueler.
              Hey, I wasn't gonna bring up the fact that the parts used were originally for a BBC. I was going to share you the embarrasment, but since you went there already... <heehe>

Comment

There is far too much stuff on my car from Home Depot, Lowe's, and Ace Hardware for me to be embarrassed by having a Chevy part on it.

Comment

Working...
                X