No announcement yet.

Shipping a car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish the Navy would ship my car for me, but they really only do that for going overseas somewhere IIRC.
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

ok, sure, but what do they do, when stationed at one place and ordered to another. Do they offer transport from a to b? sure you might have to wait till something happens to be going that way, but.
      you can read the rules, it's not hard to find them.

"Shipping or Storing Your Vehicle

If you are ordered on a PCS move from, or between OCONUS locations, you are on a ship that changes homeport, or when specific conditions, such as time or physical constrictions, are met dealing with CONUS to CONUS moves the government may ship your Privately Owned Vehicle (POV) for you. If you have more vehicles than you and your dependents can drive between PCS locations you may have to transport your extra vehicle yourself, and bear any extra costs."
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
        you can read the rules, it's not hard to find them.
        buddy, I'd not even know where to look for the rules.
        I don't know what the branches are, outside of my country.

Comment

If you have more vehicles than you and your dependents can drive between PCS locations you may have to transport your extra vehicle yourself, and bear any extra costs."
          prejudism, it's a terrible thing
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Ha, ha, ha ...

Comment

Well, does anybody have any companies they'd recommend?
              Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

I googled "vehicle transport" and National Transport was the first result.

National Transport is a dependable company specializing in auto transport, vehicle and car shipping services. Get your instant quote to ship your car now!

Comment

What was that reality show about independent truckers? They talked about a place on the web you could offer up a job for bids.
                  My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

lots of brokers google "auto transport broker"....

and remember my caution to use a burner phone and burner email for the response.... you'll get a bunch

judge by 'insurance coverage' and 'tracking' then ask about getting your car on the top of the transport when you finalize... right now there is a lot of salt on the road and the bottom cars are going to look like they swam in the ocean.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Stumbled on the TV show. The website for bidding from independent truckers is uship.com.
                      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

It will be interesting to follow this and see how it turns out.

Comment

Most of the car shipping companies near me that work directly with consumers do own trucks, boats, etc. They are known as auto transport brokers. Even if they do own some trucks, they typically do not own enough to be able to ship cars (time for buying) everywhere that consumers want to ship their cars. Car transporters look for vehicles that are shipping in a direction they plan to travel so that their trucks can run fully loaded.

Comment

uShip makes shipping motorcycles, boats, and other large items fast and affordable by connecting you to our network of carriers who compete for your shipment.

............but as has already be mentioned CAVEAT EMPTOR

Comment

As I reread the topic, remember.....

shipping a car is easier than car-ing a ship. That's how my weird mind works (sorry).

Dan

Comment

Dan, you need to get out more

Comment

Working...
                                X