No announcement yet.

Shipping a car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uship = Reality Show = blatant advertisement.

I received 10 quotes in 5 minutes to ship from Arizona to Ohio, and Uship was double what all the other quotes were.

Shop around.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

"My Momma tole me
      You better shop around"

Let's see who knows where THAT came from. Anyone under, say, 55?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        "My Momma tole me
        You better shop around"

Let's see who knows where THAT came from. Anyone under, say, 55?

Dan
        You talking about the Smokey Robinson song?
        Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - -I grew up with the Motown Sound
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Good job, Eagle! I know you're a relative youngun'.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
              ..I grew up ...
              When - like last week?
              Last edited by cstmwgn; April 23, 2020, 02:52 PM.

Comment

I shipped my Riviera a number of times while I was in the USAF. I used U-ship twice and found it to be TERRIBLE!!! The shippers basically didn't want to touch my partly running car, a few showed up and just left after seeing it didn't have any carpet.

I used DAS on my last three trips moving it around including into storage at my parents in TX when I got out and finally to here in CA. I can recommend them as they arrive on time, minimal fuss and while not cheap definitely worth the expense over the U-Ship folks.
                Last edited by CTX-SLPR; April 23, 2020, 05:53 PM.
                Central TEXAS Sleeper
                USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                  When - like last week?
                  Marie says I've yet to grow up but almost house trained.
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post

Marie says I've yet to grow up but almost house trained.
                    Pictures...or it never happened...
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Speaking of shipping cars, be advised if you're trying to get one imported, as you'll be attacked by an unexpected foe, the Department of Agriculture, who will demand your car to be wiped clean under all angles, because it's somehow illegal to bring even an ounce of foreign dirt into the US of A.
                      So, you'll have to pay a premium or be physically present and spend a lot of time cleaning your new car to make sure that every nook and cranny of the vehicle is shining clean, that there isn't a pebble stuck in the threads of the tires or stuck under the mudguards...

Comment

Or, You can use a good car shipping service that will take care of all that, you will have to pay for that, but you will have less headache. This is what I've done, maybe a month ago I found a great car for my son as a gift for his 18th birthday. I thought it would be nice to buy him a good car, an old one, but a really good one as this is going to be his first car ever. I found a Honda Civic 99, the only problem, the car was on the other side of the country and it would take me a lot of time to drive it by myself. So I was looking for a good shipping service that could ship this car in a shorter time for a reasonable price, without too many headaches and docs to sign. I found the best vehicle shipping carrier in the USA, that could ship this car in 10 days, the price was really pleasant and I received this car safe and sound right at my door. So, my opinion is that you need to choose a great service to avoid headaches
                        Last edited by Autreacher; May 6, 2020, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X