• worst automotive trend ever?

theres a few that stand out for me--- airjackers & sidepipes,
    trying to "fast/furious" a 4 door econo sh@tbox honda/sentra/other,
    ridiculously cambered tires on said sh@tboxes above, or the
    whole "donk/box/bubble" crowd, etc....

but by far the dumbest ever for me is the current "lets take this
    8000+lb diesel crewcab, lift it a foot and put giant billet blinger rims
    that use a bolt on aluminum adapter thats like 3 inches thick with tiny
    little 35 series o-ring tires on it"--aka the 'brodozer'.

soooooo many reasons why this is a bad idea, safety-or lack of-being just one.

any other "trends" that make you say WTF were they THINKING!?!?!???
    Last edited by fatguyzinc; December 4, 2019, 11:57 PM.

Stancing or squatting trucks to make it look like it's loaded all the time(not adjusting headlights to compensate) and "phantom" trailers (running with trailer mirrors extended all the time)...
    BTW those stanced trucks look like a dog Squat pissing or dumping IMHO

That is a good look for a gasser, but not for a late model truck....
    Last edited by silver_bullet; December 5, 2019, 08:17 AM.
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Horrible things are done to trucks. I agree that the ones with the front lifted and the rear squatting are especially weird. I also fail to get the concept of lifting the truck to the point that acrobatics/a ladder are required to enter it. We see a lot of that kind of stuff here as we have a large number of rednecks (here comes the hate mail......). I don't really KNOW they're owned by rednecks but it's a good guess.

Some trends are later dissed but I'm OK with pastel street rods with tweed interiors. If I was building a street rod that's probably not how I'd do it but if I got a deal on a pastel rod I'd happily drive it.

Dan

Comment

Just a personal thing, I've never been into off roading. Getting slammed around for opting out of using a road and facing the risk of getting stuck at any moment. But if you REALLY mess up a vehicle with tires and suspension you can make the ride a LITTLE smoother and safer without a road and REALLY mess things up on the highway. Just my opinion.....
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

MOPAR, Ford, Fiat, Renault, Hawaii....
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Mopar? Yeah not having to worry about breaking stuff is SO boring.

Seriously if you want something to ridicule the extreme car audio guys do it best. Multiple alternators and batteries. Speakers aimed out into the open air and volume louder than any sane person could possibly enjoy without drugs. BUT it is to win a CONTEST!

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
              Mopar? Yeah not having to worry about breaking stuff is SO boring.

Seriously if you want something to ridicule the extreme car audio guys do it best. Multiple alternators and batteries. Speakers aimed out into the open air and volume louder than any sane person could possibly enjoy without drugs. BUT it is to win a CONTEST!
              Oh yeah, Jeeps are reliable as a rock - and just like a rock as long as you don't have to move it they work just fine....

Comment

Don't know how I missed patina! I was alive back then and any car that would pass as "patina" today, back then was simply a matter of the owner saving his $$ for paint. That's how I started painting cars - they needed paint and we didn't have the money to pay to have it done so we learned how to do it ourselves. No, "patina" was NOT a thing back then, at least in my part of the world (SE Michigan).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Oh yeah, Jeeps are reliable as a rock - and just like a rock as long as you don't have to move it they work just fine....
                  Jeeps are Ramblers.

Comment

or how about a $12k paintjob and $10k worth of stereo equipment
                    in a 4 door 1984 Malibu/ 99 sentra/2002 camry/etc....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      …………. Hawaii....

hey! I resemble that remark... I mean...whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat…..

Comment

worst trend ever - car guys bashing car guys because they don't like what they are doing!

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                          worst trend ever - car guys bashing car guys because they don't like what they are doing!
                          then you fully support stanced and bro trucks.... just for the record....

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                            Don't know how I missed patina! I was alive back then and any car that would pass as "patina" today, back then was simply a matter of the owner saving his $$ for paint. That's how I started painting cars - they needed paint and we didn't have the money to pay to have it done so we learned how to do it ourselves. No, "patina" was NOT a thing back then, at least in my part of the world (SE Michigan).

Dan
                            how someone paints a car.... ain't my deal, my problem comes from people building dangerous junk solely for the purpose of creating dangerous junk. And before you bring up WelderUp, I'll point out that what they build is very well built - the illusion of danger without being dangerous. This is patina -

Comment

IF it is your truck and you want "that" look - then its fine with me. I don't want one but unless you stole my money to buy/build it - why should I care?

Comment

Working...
                              X