No announcement yet.

worst automotive trend ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No matter how somebody sets up their car it doesn't make you better than them.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Unless, of course, their engineering (or lack thereof) puts others at risk....
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Compared to the majority's lack of driving skills, trivial.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
          Compared to the majority's lack of driving skills, trivial.
          it's usually the ones who are short on the driving skillz who own cars that are lacking in safety.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

The absolute worst car mod...

I don't care what people do to their cars, or how much money they spend on them so long as no one gets hurt in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
              IF it is your truck and you want "that" look - then its fine with me. I don't want one but unless you stole my money to buy/build it - why should I care?
              My biggest complaint is about the lack of courtesy when stancing... being blinded by improperly aimed headlights at 5am while going to work is no bueno....
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

The trucks with the saggy back end, are mostly just copying the look of offroad racing trucks.

Don't worry, the brohs spend a lot of money on their trucks, keeps the economy going. Even if the trucks look really stupid.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                  IF it is your truck and you want "that" look - then its fine with me. I don't want one but unless you stole my money to buy/build it - why should I care?
                  even when that SEVERLY overtaxed rim comes apart when hitting a pothole at 50mph,
                  which rolls said truck right into the car your child is riding in? potentially it has a very
                  high probability of that sort of thing happening with a huge heavy truck and no sidewall
                  forgiveness....

I am DEFINATELY not cool with that.
                  maybe its just me though.
                  Last edited by fatguyzinc; December 5, 2019, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                    Unless, of course, their engineering (or lack thereof) puts others at risk....
                    yep. this, right here.

Comment

Nobody mentioned electric cars. Surely a more impacting and long lasting trend than goofy jacked up trucks. An alarming statistic crossed my path. Everyone asks "Will Tesla succeed?". Currently the Tesla 3 is the third highest selling car in California. Right behind the Civic and Sentra because it IS California. Maybe Tesla has succeeded already?

Comment

On Bro Dozers... Does anyone know what they are intended to do? Other than look weird.
                        Last edited by RockJustRock; December 6, 2019, 01:17 AM.

Comment

impress ten year old boys?
                          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I mean I don't care if your car/truck/whatever LOOKS weird to me--hey, each to his own,
                            your car/your money. the problem I have is when somethings dangerous not just to the
                            dingdong driving it but to others around him.

this includes sub par fab work like bad designs, sh@tty welding, and yes over stressed
                            (you really think those rear wheel bearings on the 'cambered' econosh@tbox are gonna
                            function for very long at 3-5 times the maximum designed parameters?) items like wheel
                            bearings, rims, axles, etc....

I didn't put 1 ton 8 lug axles on the blazer for looks, its so the bigger heavier tires don't
                            break the axle at an inopportune time--like 55mph on the freeway next to a minivan full
                            of kids.

the fact its less likely to break while 4 wheeling is nice too--but the #1 reason was reliability/safety.

Comment

The trend of bashing other trends/looks you don't like.
                              Together we stand, divided we fall.
                              I don't understand the draw of the brohaulers, or the "stance" thing., pantina thing.
                              but , The same can be said about what I like. Many would say, spending the time,effort, and funds to build a vehicle that a off the showroom floor model will kill. is silly.
                              To each their own.
                              Last edited by Eric; December 6, 2019, 01:31 AM.

Comment

I agree with to each their own, but, as was stated in the originating post, it was asking for opinions.... each is entitled to their own opinions... whether you agree with them or not is not a reason for hurt feelings....
                                I'm not trying to hurt anyone, and I personally take the wrath of others for considering a FWD car a "Hot Rod".... but, as others have stated, Please do what suits you, but, in the same breath, Please keep it safe for your sake as well as the safety of others !
                                Last edited by silver_bullet; December 6, 2019, 04:45 AM. Reason: Clarification
                                Patrick & Tammy
                                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                                X