No announcement yet.

worst automotive trend ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I threw out what I don't like but ought to add at this point that I'll fight like Hell for your right to do whatever as long as it's reasonably safe. As has been said, to each his/her own.

Dan

Comment

OK, I get it. Safety first. Being the contrarian that I am. In order to insure ANY modification to a vehicle is safe, wouldn't we then have to implement federal/state run inspection stations that had the ability to evaluate every modification for its safety. Having lived in states that had inspection programs - I am not convinced that my vehicles were any safer due to their existence. I am also fairly certain that my wagon wouldn't pass government requirements for construction yet it appears to be reasonably safe when operated properly.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        I threw out what I don't like but ought to add at this point that I'll fight like Hell for your right to do whatever as long as it's reasonably safe. As has been said, to each his/her own.

Dan
        Safe, as in 1940's safe or 2020 safe.
        everyones level of risk is different, if the area legally allows it on the road, That should be the standard. as most in the hobby, even when mis informed, look after their rides.
        I'd worry about the 3-14 year old dailies, much more than the car hobby persons ride.
        Last edited by Eric; December 6, 2019, 01:08 PM.

Comment

My thoughts are to be reasonably safe.... state and federal inspection is a burden and in many cases a means to corruption.... I still recall the t-bucket on power tour years back that literally had a structural failure on the interstate, with no insurance (so was heard) and took out another participant in a sweet 442.... I liked that bucket due to being so outrageous until I saw the end result....
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
            My thoughts are to be reasonably safe.... state and federal inspection is a burden and in many cases a means to corruption.... I still recall the t-bucket on power tour years back that literally had a structural failure on the interstate, with no insurance (so was heard) and took out another participant in a sweet 442.... I liked that bucket due to being so outrageous until I saw the end result....
            well, is it legal to have no insurance?
            I'd think not, but not in your country
            Last edited by Eric; December 6, 2019, 02:11 PM.

Comment

We've done this. You say safety, no risks, I say motorcycle.
              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

well, is it legal to have no insurance?
                I'd think not, but not in your country
                Several still believe that it's not illegal if you don't get caught!
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Insurance varies by state. Some states you can just post a bond to cover damages from an accident. More and more it is license, registration and proof of insurance.
                  My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
                  X