Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Transfering Photos

Hey Rusty Iron Junkies,
    Help a Gear Head born Before ANYTHING was in Space and there were only 48 stars on the Flag!
    I need some help sending pix to this site from my laptop photos memory, a pop up says "2.0 Limit, to large".
    How do I "Dumb Things Down" or am I doing something wrong here

Thanx in advance,
    Dat Displace Yooper
    Captain

Hello Captain

Try reducing the resolution of a picture as follows:

1) Assuming Windows, find your picture (take a copy as a test)!, right click and choose "Open with" and select the "Paint" option.
    2) Under the "Home" tab, select "Resize" - top left somewhere
    3) Choose "Percentage" and enter 70 for horizontal and vertical. If "Maintain Aspect Ratio" is checked it will automatically update for you.
    4) Hit the "Save As" button and rename file.

This will reduce the file size by about 50% and can be repeated until you have something small enough to post.

Also, see the sticky message at the top of the "General Discussion" thread about posting pictures:
    https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...-post-pictures

It's actually easier to post pictures as attachments than as pictures!

Red KItty
    Last edited by Red_Kitty; December 8, 2019, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post
      Hello Captain

Try reducing the resolution of a picture as follows:

1) Assuming Windows, find your picture (take a copy as a test)!, right click and choose "Open with" and select the "Paint" option.
      2) Under the "Home" tab, select "Resize" - top left somewhere
      3) Choose "Percentage" and enter 70 for horizontal and vertical. If "Maintain Aspect Ratio" is checked it will automatically update for you.
      4) Hit the "Save" button.

This will reduce the file size by about 50% and can be repeated until you have something small enough to post.

Red KItty
      If it is a photo you don't want to resize, but want to make a resized copy, when you resize in paint, and then click save as jpeg, rename it. so it doesn't over write your original.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

If it is a photo you don't want to resize, but want to make a resized copy, when you resize in paint, and then click save as jpeg, rename it. so it doesn't over write your original.
        Good point - work from copies of your originals so if you screw things up you can just delete and start again. Can be easiest to do this in a separate folder - create one called "Draft Pictures" or something like that.
        Last edited by Red_Kitty; December 8, 2019, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Thank You,
          I will check these out. and i will try the attachment idea.
          learning how this site works.
          Party On Dudes

Comment

There's a "how to post pics" sticky at the top of the General Discussion" section and there's a step-by-step procedure. If you host your pics on a desktop (or maybe I'm living in the past) it's dead simple.

Dan

Comment

Thank You,
              Did look up the Sticky on pix!
              LOVE IT, my style, Dumbed Down to my level on internet compedence!!

Comment

Working...
              X