Name:	newnas2.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	1257826
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

That looks more like a mustang, then they used too,
    So why the hate?
    I don't get it,
    Drag racing won't let the older cars do runs down the 1320 because of the safety standards today.
    But When other forms of motorsports have to make changes to fit the safety gear required today, people get bent.
    Drivers passing from a wreck, like they did in the 50/60/70/80/90/etc. would not fly today. Not in nascar/F-1/v8 supercar/indy car/ top fuel or any other form of motorsport.
    Those days are long gone.
    Sure you still can die in motorsports, but It isn't like it used to be, To be honest I'm shocked more didn't die, when you look at what was called safety equipment back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
      .. To be honest I'm shocked more didn't die, when you look at what was called safety equipment back then.
      That's because back in the day - men were men!

Not the slap fighting bitch fest group we have now!
      Last edited by cstmwgn; December 11, 2019, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
        That's because back in the day - men were men!

Not the slap fighting bitch fest group we have now!
        You know, it isn't/wasn't the drivers that caused the safety gear and safety equipment at tracks, it was the sports/tracks insurance underwriters.

Comment

You know, it isn't/wasn't the drivers that caused the safety gear and safety equipment at tracks, it was the sports/tracks insurance underwriters.
          Race on Sunday, buy on Monday... tell me now, where would you buy that for your new daily? All it is now is F1 with fenders. That said, I'm glad we're beyond them pretending the sticker package is in any way related to a real car.

And finally, the entire point of racing is not watching a soap opera in a circle; it's to give bragging rights to the person who bought on Monday....
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I just find it ironic. A car designed to look more like a car, but not any particular car.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

And finally, the entire point of racing is not watching a soap opera in a circle; it's to give bragging rights to the person who bought on Monday....
              If NASCAR wanted to follow that tradition, they'd be racing things that are shaped like SUVs. What DO you race for sales boost when they are all already quitting making "cars?"
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

*I* for one am ALL FOR SUVs on the super speedways! Just put toppers on the Craftsman "trucks" and be done with it. Forget "cars".

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

If NASCAR wanted to follow that tradition, they'd be racing things that are shaped like SUVs. What DO you race for sales boost when they are all already quitting making "cars?"
                  watching the circling soap opera stars flip in their high-centered rigs would be better then watching Huns being fed to the lions.... (mostly because you couldn't hear the stars scream)...
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I have lost interest in NASCAR a long time ago and making all the cars be the same won't do anything to make me change now.

Comment

Car of tomorrow 2.0? I think with the uncertainty of the fate of the Camaro, lack of a Dodge product and electric mustangs, it's just something they have to do to try survive another season.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                        I just find it ironic. A car designed to look more like a car, but not any particular car.
                        Well, you're not paying the bills/cost a race team owner does, and like anything when things are built/made in volume the price of the item/part comes down, from volume of scale.
                        This will make the cost of racing lower, helping the owners as racing in any format has become nuts in cost. It'll also make it easier for new team owners. As they'll not need a few hundred people and a huge shop to get going.
                        Rumors have it , halving the buy in for a roller chassis with body hung. That is huge.
                        That means the new roller with body will be 50k or less, instead of 120-140k .

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Ford stopped making the mustang??
                          IIRc they moved from the fuson to the mustang because ford had planes to kill off the fuson and not the mustang.

How many of you went to the local track that runs more grassroots type cars? As much as everyone carries on about the good ole days, when racing used stock cars, the same folks never step foot into their local tracks that have racing series using street cars as the base for the race car.
                          The way folks act, the grassroots racing tracks events should be packed, and sold out every event, if that was truly what the fan base wants.
                          Why isn't that the case.

Comment

Well, you're not paying the bills/cost a race team owner does, and like anything when things are built/made in volume the price of the item/part comes down, from volume of scale.
                            This will make the cost of racing lower, helping the owners as racing in any format has become nuts in cost. It'll also make it easier for new team owners. As they'll not need a few hundred people and a huge shop to get going.
                            Rumors have it , halving the buy in for a roller chassis with body hung. That is huge.
                            That means the new roller with body will be 50k or less, instead of 120-140k .

You're missing the point. This is a prototype and instead of building three, a Chevy, a Ford and a Toyota they built this. In the long run they will still have their own body work. The cost difference between building 500 cars of each style or 1500 of one would be marginal, NOWHERE NEAR less than half. They will have to wind tunnel three designs, but not for a while, it's only 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post

You're missing the point. This is a prototype and instead of building three, a Chevy, a Ford and a Toyota they built this. In the long run they will still have their own body work. The cost difference between building 500 cars of each style or 1500 of one would be marginal, NOWHERE NEAR less than half. They will have to wind tunnel three designs, but not for a while, it's only 2019.
                              I'm not sure I missed the point, a person that doesn't care for that type racing, bagging on anything they do.
                              That seems to be the theme in many post about anything that isn't from the 80's on back.
                              We don't get to see it live, only on you tube after the fact. but it seems like They are doing everything they can to cut cost as the sport (all of motorsports) is getting smaller.

Comment

Working...
                              X