• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Santa visit or A Christmas Story

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191220_002207.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	1258417 First thing I think everyone knows John and his surgery and recovery has been amazing, we're not all the way back but we're working on it. Now we always make our yearly run down to Bass pro shop to see Santa Claus. Now if you had asked John for the last three weeks what he was going to ask Santa for you would have gotten a definite " A Corvette ". He was so excited when he got to Santa he froze and mumbled something about machines. I finally got him out of his Santa trance and he said a Corvette, just like Ralphie and the Red Ryder BB gun in a the movie A Christmas Story. I wanted to laugh but I didn't. he's never done this before.
    Last edited by corvettedad; December 19, 2019, 11:41 PM.
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Maybe my next post will be more car related although we did say Corvette.

Comment

Great to hear the recovery is still on track! Merriest of Christmas' to Y'all! Always a lift for the spirits to see that boy smile!
      Last edited by silver_bullet; December 20, 2019, 06:58 AM.
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Looks like a happy boy... You done good! Merry christmas to you and your boys!

Comment

Santa is always good if a kid smiles, and that's a GREAT one! Continued good luck to y'all.

Dan

Comment

At least a Corvette isn't something you can shoot your eye out with! Go John GO!!!!
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
              At least a Corvette isn't something you can shoot your eye out with! Go John GO!!!!
              yes, but you could lose a limb (for the youngsters)
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I'm shocked , I was thinking 68 imapa ready for the next power tour . But you know what I think , a corvette is not a bad thing . Nice smile and glad he's doing well .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                  I'm shocked , I was thinking 68 imapa ready for the next power tour . But you know what I think , a corvette is not a bad thing . Nice smile and glad he's doing well .
                  Ugh, Impala is a sore subject, the hammer drops first of January then we'll know the future for HRPT

Comment

Now the feeling . Got to put another engine in my kids 85 vette , put a trans in the suburban ( current project in the drive and hey its December in Indianapolis ) which requires me to harvest it out of a pick up I bought to get around in till I went on vacation the rest of the year , I've been driving it for 2 weeks with no plates and a toggle switch and some trailer lights for brake light . Almost have the trans our and the T case is on the ground .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                    X