Stupid quote for today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid quote for today

I've test driven several 62 corvette's and they just don't drive like my Mercedes. ​​
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Betty Crocker - "You shouldn't make chicken salad out of chicken shit"!

Comment

I'm not saying Mercedes are slow, but if I had one I'd still be driving here....
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Common sense ain't so common any more....
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

LOL!!!
          But, that said, I'm sure more than a few people, That had a vehicle in their youth, or lusted after Some model/ body style. And then 30-40 years later after having got used to the way new vehicle drive/handle and all the optional bells.. Go buy the vehicle they either had, or always wanted ,with rose colored glasses, and then when they finally get it tagged and legal, take it for a drive and go, holy crap. this thing drives/rides like a pyle.
          Last edited by Eric; January 2, 2020, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
            LOL!!!
            But, that said, I'm sure more than a few people, That had a vehicle in their youth, or lusted after Some model/ body style. And then 30-40 years later after having got used to the way new vehicle drive/handle and all the optional bells.. Go buy the vehicle they either had, or always wanted ,with rose colored glasses, and then when they finally get it tagged and legal, take it for a drive and go, holy crap. this thing drives/rides like a pyle.
            pretty much any muscle car, I had a friend with a 70 Cuda with a Hemi, it was 'built' and I thought (and still think) it handled like a elephant on ice skates. Granted the BBC 67 Camaro I had at the time was "fast" but it was scary at every speed. The biggest eye opener was I had 75 Corvette that I never drove before I fixed it up - did a number of things to make it handle better but never really thought it was 'great' until I drove a stone-stock 75 Corvette.... the stock was a scary pig.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

some guy came to look at the 455 pontiac once, started telling me how his
              cousin had a bad@ss 68 GTO but he wrecked it. see, apparently he was racing
              a guy on the freeway one night, and when he went to turn on the switch to activate
              the fuel injection he accidentally turned on the switch for the positraction instead
              and the car went sideways into the wall at 140mph.................

yeah.

it was all i could do to keep a straight face as i ushered him out of my garage
              with the promise to 'consider his offer and call him later'. wonder if hes still waiting?

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
                a guy on the freeway one night, and when he went to turn on the switch to activate
                the fuel injection he accidentally turned on the switch for the positraction instead

yeah.

with the promise to 'consider his offer and call him later'. wonder if hes still waiting?
                Dang it I hate when that happens.
                Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Had a 70 Chevelle with F41 suspension... loved it, but, it can't compare with the Grand Prix GTP for performance...
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Never argue with a fool, for it makes two.

Comment

Arguing with a (fill in blank) is like playing chess with a pigeon. The bird knocks over all the pieces, poops on the board, then struts around like he won anyways.
                      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Never Argue with a Idiot!!
                        ​​​​​​He Drag Down to His Level and....
                        BEAT YOU with Experience!#
                        ​​​

Comment

OR.....
                          I Didn't Say it was Your Fault.....
                          I'm Just Blaming You !!!

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

yeah.

Something similar happens to me at least once a year during show season. They either had one just like it or their friend/neighbor/cousin had one. Sometimes you just can't avoid them!
                            Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
                            Gregg and Deb Miller
                            Verona, Wi.

Comment

how bout the guy telling me that 78-87 Gbodys are unitized and have no frame....

or the same guy telling me he was looking for a 366 truck motor to build, when
                              i asked why he said he wanted to build a really small big block, "because the
                              powerband is totally different"............

or the same guy telling me how he drove home a car with a 6-71 blower after
                              it chucked a belt because "it will keep running as long as you dont stop"...

or his friend who bragged that his heads had been "hoaged"...pretty sure he
                              meant "hogged" but he didnt know how to pronounce it since he read it in a
                              magazine article.....

and that same guy whos endless brag all about the 327 in his 80's yellow stepside
                              was "fast on the freeway" and could outrun everything else....despite the fact that
                              he once took off his sparkplug wires to clean and then the truck wouldnt start, and
                              he came over and pestered us (in the middle of a 454 swap) until i went over and
                              found TDC #1 and rewired it for him.....

swear to g@d we are SURROUNDED by idiots...............

Comment

Working...
                              X