Sam's Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam's Garage

Well, it's wintertime. We get outside when the weather is nearly warm and ride the trikes all bundled up like it's REALLY winter (50 degrees). The rest of the time we've gone jigsaw puzzle crazy, all of them with a car theme. We build 'em and I stick them out in the garage, glued to the ceiling and walls. By now we've done about 20 of them and we're going to start charging admission to the Weeville Car Puzzle Museum. With a whole nuther big box full of them waiting and we order any more that we see online that we don't have so far.

The one we started on today, it's named Sam's Garage. I mean wow. I was studying the picture of it and I was most impressed that Sam really should clean up his garage. I mean seriously Sam, you expect to WORK in the middle of all of that?

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010682.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	1259653

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

that looks cleaner than my garage...........

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
      that looks cleaner than my garage...........
      Me Two!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Me Two!

Dan
        Well then, I guess i just don't "get it." Starting with a clear workspace is the only chance I'll ever have of finding whatever I lay down the first time. Even at that, I was on my back underneath Red installing his shifter bolts. Woops, I dropped the first one. It bounced off of my face. No worries, I have the other one right here on my chest, I'll start that one and then retrieve the other one. It took me two more days to find that damn bolt stuck to the magnet on the end of the flashlight I had under there with me.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I do not have the prestigious operating room space in my shop!!
          My bad....I.always have 3-4 projects going on at the same time.
          As a fact, I don't lock the shop or barns up!!
          Open a door, and a good possibility, Stuff will fall out maiming you, or walk in, and I will find you in the morning in a world of hurt tripping and falling over, parts, welding cables, extension cords.......

Comment

Wow! Lookit all that room! When, not if I fall, I pinball down.. Usually pretty good, sometimes worse..

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
              I do not have the prestigious operating room space in my shop!!
              My bad....I.always have 3-4 projects going on at the same time.
              As a fact, I don't lock the shop or barns up!!
              Open a door, and a good possibility, Stuff will fall out maiming you, or walk in, and I will find you in the morning in a world of hurt tripping and falling over, parts, welding cables, extension cords.......
              It's part of the security system.
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Humm I see a trend here, I just open the door and follow the pig trail.
                Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

My shop is Semi-Clean, I tell my lovely wife.

(looks like a Semi overturned in there, that is)

Hey, I didn't build it just to leave it empty after all.....
                  Last edited by STINEY; January 9, 2020, 12:12 PM.
                  Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Mine gets pretty trashed but every year or so I've had enough and do a purge and usually build new shelves or something to organize better. It lasts for a while then I get elbow-deep in projects again and it turns to mush again. Speaking of which - I still have a 322 Buick Nailhead that needs a new home.

Dan

Comment

I ritually go to the Jefferson and Iola swap meets, to clear out leftover STUFF from past projects.
                      But in reality, I'm only "Rotating Stock", it seems the volume on the trailer is constant, going and coming back........

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
                        I ritually go to the Jefferson and Iola swap meets, to clear out leftover STUFF from past projects.
                        But in reality, I'm only "Rotating Stock", it seems the volume on the trailer is constant, going and coming back........
                        been there and done that!!!
                        Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
                        Gregg and Deb Miller
                        Verona, Wi.

Comment

Working...
                        X