No announcement yet.

Message from Pat Ganahl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone forgets few pay to read or get paid to write about anything. They simply REPORT. Journalism. It's just a matter of figuring out what is interesting, finding it and presenting it.I've read a lot of terribly written pieces about great cars and enjoyed them. A really well written piece about something boring, not so much. Back in the 60s and 70s they called that Motor Trend. Talent WAS a factor. Car & Driver vs. Road & Track was a perfect example of that.

Talfing about the importance of magazines here is kinda silly. This IS an interactive online magazine.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

I DID buy this issue of M/T.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1973-02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.1 KB ID:	1260383

But not this one.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1974-08.jpg Views:	0 Size:	208.8 KB ID:	1260384
      On the topic of magazines and covers, this link seems to have changed...

history, archive, and cover images for automotive magazines published in the United States.
      Last edited by RockJustRock; January 19, 2020, 01:10 PM.
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

The bottom line here is; if you know Pat and like his writing, then click the "subscribe" button on the link .. that is all.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
          If you don't know who Pat is or what he's done for the hobby... You are not a car guy.
          So, what has he done for drag racing? Most car guys I know would have no idea who he is. Of course, those are the guys in the shop building cars, not sitting on a couch, reading street rod magazines.
          I like Pat’s writing style, and admire his work in the industry, but that was just an ignorant statement.
          58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

I've been reading his stuff for ever, it seems, and did sign up. But to comment on whether or not someone knows of or read their work or whatever, misses a point. I know serious racers who have never heard of him, or Baskerville, or many of the other ones mentioned here. How many recognise the name Bob Bolles, or Joice Standridge? these are 2 highly respected journalist/racers in the circle track arena. We all have different interests, and don't all read the same stuff. I read a lot, from Hot Rod to SAE magazines. So instead of doubting the person's gearhead standing because he/she neverheard of someone, inform them andmaybe make a convert to our way of life. Just a thought...

Comment

Working...
            X