X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doug from sv seeker pulls bad hoax

terrible accident - HOAX

Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

wow, very, very serious.

I'm betting acetylene built up in the space and he went to light his torch and boom. I had stopped watching SV Seeker because sometimes he took chances that I caused me to worry for him. Ironic that it wasn't any of that but a terrible accident (a guess would be a leak in the gas line) and nothing patently or even arguably unsafe - rather, an accident.

For those who really want to be grossed out, continue reading:

Basically his hard head got him into trouble, sounds like he hit a wall with his head and there is bleeding under the skull. Thankfully they got to him quickly because that is often the way many die in accidents - because they can't get to a surgeon in time. They'll cut his skull, implant the bone it in his abdomen to preserve it, and give his brain room to swell and heal naturally. It sounds like they got to him in time, and thankfully he's unconscious because if he was in awake he would be in pain that cannot be managed with meds.

thanks for posting Barry.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

his facebook page has some people going crazy. they announce hoax etc.

that would be very weird if it was.. they are serious about the boat. That whole build and the years, its not like them in a january in oklahoma to be playing a serious joke.with fire out of a cedar lined boat hole.

looking back through old videos, I found I first watched about the truck cummins going onto the boat (more than 4 years ago)

in the latest video he said he was going down to bend a pipe up off the floor. A cold evening, steel hull.. anything to condense and densify will be there in the bottom.

I learned their should be some news at 9pm central.
      hardly overthinking it.. but his facebook page and some of the replies are insane. He sure attracted all walks of life.

I first shared a welding video 13 years ago.. the way you tube works, I found seeker among many many others that build things without searching as years have gone by.
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 20, 2020, 04:10 PM.
      Previously boxer3main

Comment

Thoughts and prayers for a full recovery!
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

a little update
          not much

he is stable
          Previously boxer3main

Comment

guess it was a hoax

that will not float a boat.
            The cold north atlantic is my upbringing...and 1000 years of dna before me.
            his joke is not funny.

be safe, avoid sv seeker.
            Previously boxer3main

Comment

and back to continuing not watching him

Comment

It will probably happen for real one day . Cause it seems that's the way things work .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I recommend sailing La Vagabonde , M/J sailing , and a relatively new couple S as idling Soulianis.
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I could have guessed.. the crap level was off the charts
                    computer guy babbling his way to boat engineer, captain, super star, comedian

lost my favorite sailing.. I watch some boat worker in monaco and other places who learned the millions of dollars and brokers going over motor powered now.

I stopped watching la vagabonde for child abuse.

One of the episodes, I imagined my mothers(rip) opinion
                    they are making a little sociopath. not even other babies to play with, no learning curve formal.

anyway, back to rolling coal at 300 rpm, 240 tons and built in 1941.. 10 knots is plenty
                    still no real channel for my own boat thought, will keep looking.
                    Previously boxer3main

Comment

They kid has two loving parents .He'll be fine .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                        It will probably happen for real one day . Cause it seems that's the way things work .
                        and then no one will believe him.... there's a story that perhaps he missed about a boy who cried wolf.

Comment

So desperate for attention, a catsrophe is needed? Fake or not, why?

Comment

thanks mod for updating post.
                            I was too disgusted

Appears video is removed?
                            not gonna help him.
                            he goes on rants after someone identifies serious safety issues
                            its gonna bite him
                            Previously boxer3main

Comment

there are several YouTube channels that seem a lot more desperate lately for views. I agree Barry, there is no greater fool then one who is convinced he's right.....

Comment

Working...
                              X