Sad images from Australian Fires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad images from Australian Fires

Three of your country men have made the ultimate sacrifice fighting fires in Australia.

It's very moving three 3 Americans have perished fighting our fires, to give your live in a foreign land helping out a mate moves me a fair bit.

All I hope is that they were doing a job they loved.

I'm sure they will be hugely missed by family and friends.

I belive the they were all in their early forties, they had plenty of living to do.

Tim
    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Australia and the US have always been allies and world-wide friends. Our similar history makes it easy to relate to each other. The cool thing about being in different hemispheres is we can help the other with manpower and equipment that would otherwise just sit idle during the off season.

Comment

BBC wrote a touching report and tribute to the firefighters - I posted it elsewhere because the article is how, I believe, all news should be reported.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-austr...gT-elPcXC8KYdI
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 25, 2020, 08:00 AM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Condolences to the families.
        Being a Recent Retiree from our rural VFD, (May 2019), Wild Fires are called "Uncontrolled Burns" for a reason. The "Dragon" will show it's head, VERY UNEXPECTEDLY, usually with tragic results.........

Comment

Peace to those who loved them though I'm sure that will take time. Yes, Tim - we Americans think the world of you Aussies and hope those fires are extinguished quickly.

Dan

Comment

Working...
          X