I'll be working near STINEY's house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be working near STINEY's house

Now that I'm in the engineering department I get to go on commissioning.
    We're doing a roughing mill upgrade at AK Steel in Mansfield.
    I looked it up on Google Maps and I see Bucyrus is a stones throw away.

Dude, you will quite literally be 20 minutes from me and about 8 minutes from my sons school at The Kehoe Center. Do you still have my number, give me a ring and stop by if you have time and our schedules mesh.

And AK is a big deal around here, are they a large account or small fry with your company?
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

help him find more projects.....
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
        Dude, you will quite literally be 20 minutes from me and about 8 minutes from my sons school at The Kehoe Center. Do you still have my number, give me a ring and stop by if you have time and our schedules mesh.

And AK is a big deal around here, are they a large account or small fry with your company?
        I still have your number, I gotta see how this is gonna pan out, like, if I'm driving down, or catchin a ride with another engineer..

We did AK Mansfield's finishing mill upgrade a couple years ago.
        I wired all of the cabinets & panels on that job which is one reason they're sending me down..
        We do a lot of work at all of AK's mills, and we're pretty much the first company they call if they need an upgrade.

Another mill I might end up at this year is Aleris Aluminum's Uhrichsville plant..
        I helped install a bunch of stuff down there a few years ago..
        That's a bit further east, but still in the area...

They've also been talking about sending me to Columbus Mississippi in April to help on a cold galvanizing mill start up. I'm not looking forward to that for obvious reasons. I was the guy who tested the Siemens MCC's, and so far I'm one of a handful of people who has a rough idea of how to program them..
        Last edited by tardis454; January 29, 2020, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          help him find more projects.....
          I was considering dropping off a certain VW motor and having him work his magic on it..
          He seems to be able to put them together and get them running a lot faster than I can..

Comment

LOVE hooking up with BangShifters. I've met several in the real world and it's always a pleasure. Given our likelihood of getting skinned knuckles I guess you could say we're all blood brothers.

Dan

Comment

Working...
            X