Color choices for my Buick wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well,
    I'm still in that Sea Breeze metallic blue with the matching interior, highlighted by Silver Piping, Silver Accent panels, and Chrome Trim,
    camp.
    Nothing like era correct, Your Dad's Family car that Mom ran errands with!

That's Now a DOWN IN THE WEEDS SLEEPER..

Just here to help, Not saying you're doing wrong......

Comment

Laguna Blue - personally, I would like that shade in a very good (fine) metalic
      I do agree with the black interior BUT if you had to do something different, perhaps a parchment or camel (notice I didn't say brown) interior.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
        Well,
        I'm still in that Sea Breeze metallic blue with the matching interior, highlighted by Silver Piping, Silver Accent panels, and Chrome Trim,
        camp.
        Nothing like era correct, Your Dad's Family car that Mom ran errands with!

That's Now a DOWN IN THE WEEDS SLEEPER..

Just here to help, Not saying you're doing wrong......
        Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
        Laguna Blue - personally, I would like that shade in a very good (fine) metalic
        I do agree with the black interior BUT if you had to do something different, perhaps a parchment or camel (notice I didn't say brown) interior.
        Laguna blue is too dark - this body isn't going to be perfect, thus the color will be a lighter hue to keep me from the insanity that awaits the Corvette bodywork.... in fact, I may not do the smoothing and paint on the Buick... we will see
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          I did some research. It was "Paint that mother pank" and it was an MTV promotion with John Mellencamp. And a L O N G time ago. Something to do with "Little Pink Houses".

Dan
          They were giving away a house and painting it pink as a closing part . It was in Bloomington to or Seymore Indiana . Mellencamps stomping grounds .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Tan/tan.. Can sing: " lets do the can can in my tan tan..."

Comment

I still say charcoal metallic.
              Maybe blue interior.
              And matching blue dual pin stripe on body character line. and the wheel lip (steel wheels). painted on. if that was the way it have been back when this was new.
              I don't know if the movie smokey and the bandit caused this, but tan interiors only look "right" with black paint.
              Last edited by Eric; February 6, 2020, 04:40 AM.

Comment

light green and dark green would be my two tone choices -- Chevy Mosport Green and I think the other is Goodwood Green (darkish) - if they're Corvette colors it's gotta be faster right ?
                Last edited by 70chevyC-10; February 6, 2020, 05:55 AM.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

With respect to a stock colored grandpa sleeper, looking at the 1964 Buick color swatch, I like Marlin Blue and Teal Mist, but you will probably lean toward Wedgewood Blue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1964 Buick Colors.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	324.3 KB
ID:	1262053

Comment

Yeah,
                    That Teal Mist is What I'm Takin About !!

But "You Want A SLEEPER" !! Not something that makes them think "You're Really That Old
                    Look", or reliving the "The 70's" TV show....
                    Kind of idea.

Comment

Of what I think were the original choices, I would go for the blue with tan interior.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

those are varying amounts of blue. The first one, for example, is simply a very light blue

the top one....
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                          With respect to a stock colored grandpa sleeper, looking at the 1964 Buick color swatch, I like Marlin Blue and Teal Mist, but you will probably lean toward Wedgewood Blue.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1964 Buick Colors.jpg Views:	0 Size:	324.3 KB ID:	1262053
                          somewhere between 1481 and 1477. I'm reasonably sure that 1481 is its stock color
                          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 6, 2020, 11:53 AM.
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            somewhere between 1481 and 1477. I'm reasonably sure that 1481 is its stock color
                            Mix them 50 - 50 .. call it Marlin Cloud (8177) and nobody would know the difference.

Comment

Wedgewood blue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	1262098
                              Last edited by antmnte; February 6, 2020, 06:29 PM.

Comment

As any hope of uniqueness disappears in a puff of blue vapor!
                                My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
                                X