• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fords

interesting stuff.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

interesting stuff.
    Thanks - I went to high school about 1 mile away from there.
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

When we were kids growing up in SE Michigan we got a tour of The Rouge as a school field trip. It was interesting but what I took away was that I never wanted to work on an assembly line. Luckily, I didn't.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        When we were kids growing up in SE Michigan we got a tour of The Rouge as a school field trip. It was interesting but what I took away was that I never wanted to work on an assembly line. Luckily, I didn't.

Dan
        Yeah, and from watching that I'm sure I want to be the guy throwing those alloy bags into that flaming hell hole. Gyah.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Interesting old film.
          Now almost all the "Body Line" jobs have been replaced by robotic welding, and the others moved to MEXICO.......
          Every One of those workers had homes, families, and a Pension, that WERE the backbone of the AMERICAN ECONOMY.....
          ​​​​​​

Comment

I wonder when vertical integration will, again, become a thing. Ford divested their steel production in 1981, Boeing used to own forests to get the wood for its planes - now much of the composite stuff is done by suppliers; however, they have brought back in-house their wing and tail production - which moves them back to that vertical integration that Ford had at the Rouge.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
              Interesting old film.
              Now almost all the "Body Line" jobs have been replaced by robotic welding, and the others moved to MEXICO.......
              Every One of those workers had homes, families, and a Pension, that WERE the backbone of the AMERICAN ECONOMY.....
              ​​​​​​
              So were the farmers that plowed with Oxen - times change.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Yeah, and from watching that I'm sure I want to be the guy throwing those alloy bags into that flaming hell hole. Gyah.
                makes you wonder how often they supplemented their income with mob money paid for special, disposal services? who knows, Jimmy Hoffa could be an alloy in some Ford car....

Comment

"I hear you paint Fords?"

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                    "I hear you paint Fords?"
                    Just retired, 40+ years as a TEAMSTER !!

"What Color?....Oh, Yes Red would be Nice,
                    I'll wear a Tie....."

Comment

awesome. it is funny to think of beautiful tig welding after watching
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                      X