Dramaz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monster View Post

I was not being sarcastic, I really was interested in this one until I found out it was not available to me, without another damn subscription. Seems all the channels are chasing the almighty OD dollar now.

Anyhow, is she the blond who wins, then gets fired in 6 months for being too distracting?
    my dad had a woman working in his shop for several years, that was his thought when he hired her - but it never was a problem. I don't think Brianna is the type to encourage attention, add to it that she has skills and it should be fine (and brunette). There was a 19 year old blond whose first day included a bare-midriff shirt... she's gone - that said, I suspect we'll see her on the interwebs again. And finally, it's a metal shop, there's more then a little background noise... I think on the last challenge that she was better then the guy....

I looked up the guy from my area - he's still here, so no job there....

and

Salt Lake City is mormon central.... I'm not sure a tattooed, pierced girl (I think single) will want to stay there long....
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 26, 2020, 08:46 AM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Hard to comment, without knowing the players, so found this;

DESIREE "DEZ" FERRELL MARICOPA, AZ
      OWNS HER OWN SHOP, "NESSY'S CUSTOMS"
      SPECIALIZES IN PAINT AND BODYWORK
      LOVES TO WORK ON CHEVY PICK-UPS

FRANK FANELLI KENDALL, NY
      ACTIVE DUTY ARMY OFFICER
      CURRENTLY WORKING ON A '69 ROAD RUNNER
      HAS A WELL-ROUNDED RESTORATION SKILLSET

FRANK HJELM ELGIN, IL
      COMPETING AGAINST HIS SISTER, JAIME
      SPECIALIZES IN WELDING & FABRICATION
      OWNS A '52 CHEVY CHOP TOP, '68 EL CAMINO & A '69 C10 PICK-UP

JAIME HJELM ELGIN, IL
      COMPETING AGAINST HER BROTHER, FRANK
      CO-OWNS WICKED WRENCH GARAGE WITH HER SISTER,
      NAOMI OWNS A '62 PONTIAC BONNEVILLE SHOW CAR

JOSH SARTAIN HELOTES, TX
      OWN HIS OWN SHOP, JOSH'S JALOPIES
      LOVES BUILDING HOT RODS
      SPECIALIZES IN WELDING AND FABRICATION

MCKINLEE THACKER BLUEBELL, UT
      3RD GENERATION MECHANIC
      UTAH STATE SKILLS USA MOTORCYCLE CHAMPION
      PLACED TOP 5 IN STATE AND REGIONAL MECHANIC COMPETITIONS

MIKE BUTTAFUOCO CARLISLE, PA
      SPECIALIZES IN MECHANICS/ELECTRICAL
      CURRENTLY WORKING ON A '71 NOVA
      HAS SEEN EVERY EPISODE OF BITCHIN' RIDES

EVER PATRICK LAUGHLIN TAMPA, FL
      FORMER US ARMY GREEN BERET
      OWN HIS OWN SHOP,CONQUER CUSTOM
      LOVES BUILDING RESTO-MODS

GABBY DOWNING FREDERICKSBURG, VA
      FIRST CAR WAS AN '87 HONDA CRXSI
      STUDYING MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
      LEARNING TO BE A PROFESSIONAL MECHANIC

RUSSELL ALFORD HOKES BLUFF, AL
      SPECIALIZES IN PAINTING
      WORKED ON HOLLYWOOD CARS FOR FILM STUDIOS
      50 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WORKING IN AUTOMOTIVE

BRIANA HUHN NEW ULM, MN
      WORKED ON AN ALL FEMALE SEMA BUILD WITH BOGI LATEINER
      TEACHING HER DAUGHTER HOW TO WELD
      OWNS HER OWN SHOP, HUHNY BEE FABRICATION

JUSTIN CULVER MONROE, WA
      RETIRED NAVY DIVER
      OWNS "THE SHAGGIN' WAGON" A '76 DODGE VAN WITH A SHAG CARPET INTERIOR
      ONCE RESTORED A MONSTER TRUCK

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        Bitchin' boot camp... like? no?

I think they made a mistake on the first boot, but the second one was right on. If I had a dollar for every "I've been doing this for 10,000 years and I know what you're doing is wrong" - I'd be a millionaire, especially if the criteria included whether or not I was right.... also, Monroe Washington is 15 miles from my house, and it totally fits that its representative is driving a shag-filled, faux-fur-filled van.

My prediction is the blond wins, then gets fired in 6 months for being too distracting....
        I'm watching BBC, but I think the bitchy brunette will win it. I did like her take on the 32 grille.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

I'm watching BBC, but I think the bitchy brunette will win it. I did like her take on the 32 grille.
          I don't know - of the two, the guy is far more then 'norm' of BBC, but she has skills... I think Justin was better because his grill was his own design, the guy simply built what BBC told him. in that challenge, she designed it - which was the challenge "to design and build" .... not "build"

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

I was not being sarcastic, I really was interested in this one until I found out it was not available to me, without another damn subscription. Seems all the channels are chasing the almighty OD dollar now.
            Perhaps you missed it, I canceled Sat. TV (don't get cable, not available).... since MTOD carries many of the car shows (and Powerblock jumped the proverbial shark tank - and missed), to me it's just a cheap way of watching a few of the cable shows I enjoyed. I don't miss not having to record on DVD then fast forward through the commercials....

Comment

The last Bitchin' boot camp is up, it's a good finish...
              Tim
              Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
                The last Bitchin' boot camp is up, it's a good finish...
                it was

Comment

Binky, Bangsail, Vice Grip, Kindig.... I don't know who has been being good - but keep it up

Comment

In the garage with....

I want my 7 minutes back from the following:
                    Ant Ansted
                    David Freiburger

Ant because an oil change is not ever film worthy

Freiburger... and yes, I know it was longer then 7 minutes but 7 was all I had in me. I know showing your pictures from way back when and art work that you took out of the dumpster is interesting to you.... but seriously, slides shows? I get they did something cool and it was cool meeting them but it's not cool showing pictures of meeting them. Sorry.

Comment

In the garage with.... I want my 7 minutes back from Ant Ansted ... because an oil change is not ever film worthy.

Comment

In the garage with....

I want my 7 minutes back from the following:
                        Ant Ansted
                        David Freiburger

Ant because an oil change is not ever film worthy

Freiburger... and yes, I know it was longer then 7 minutes but 7 was all I had in me. I know showing your pictures from way back when and art work that you took out of the dumpster is interesting to you.... but seriously, slides shows? I get they did something cool and it was cool meeting them but it's not cool showing pictures of meeting them. Sorry.
                        I agree with that on Freiburger, Ant doesn't get my time, thanks for letting me know I'm a winner
                        Tim
                        Melbourne Australia

Comment

Car Kings

All of the things I don't like about "reality tv" but I like it.

Background. GAS motors (Galpin Motors) is a huge Ford Dealership in California whose owner/manager looks like Eddie Munster with a goatie. 'cue the typical car salesman look'
                          He has an 'all-star' cast who rebuild historically significant cars. Add to it, and it appears (at the start) like he's basically an image who, like many car dealership managers, only sell cars because it pays the bills.

If you're saying "oh lord" then you have my view of this to begin with. They start rebuilding a number of Ford products - and we all know what I think of Fords.... however...

it's interesting, informative, based on some pretty solid skills, and fun to watch. As I said, it had every ingredient of what I think is wrong with people portraying the car culture - but, despite all of that, pretty cool. This week they're doing a George Barris car (the Wrecker) - and paying homage to George Barris. My eye may have gotten moist during it.... allergies, stupid allergies....

Comment

I hope the hoonigans take this as "God told you to change your ways".... Gale Banks continues to be my hero.... hoonigans - they'll learn and that's cool.

Comment

I hope the hoonigans take this as "God told you to change your ways".... Gale Banks continues to be my hero.... hoonigans - they'll learn and that's cool.
                              I watched that, thought Gale was cool offering to help them.

Tim
                              Melbourne Australia

Comment

Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post

I watched that, thought Gale was cool offering to help them.
                                Rumor is the advice didn't go over well. Not Hoonigans, but the 'diesel professionals' that were involved (which I cannot imagine that advice would go down well - no matter how true it is).

Comment

Working...
                                X