X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
    I don't have any problems but I will say there are a few differences between the dialogs of Queenslanders and a Victorian's

PS a translation service is available
    How much do you charge?

Dan

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    they are hard to understand, first they use the words "v6" and "performance" then they throw in things like "Barra"...wtf is a Barra? is that like an Australian bar?
    Okay the first use of the word "Barra" in Australia is for a shortened slag word used for a northern Australia sport fish a Burramundi, I'm fairly sure that would be an aboriginal name for the fish.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Charlotte-Klose-With-A-BIG-NT-Barramundi.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.8 KB ID:	1263767

So when Ford Australia were developing the motor it was called the "Barramundi Project" or Barra for short!
    Last edited by 65RHDEER; February 28, 2020, 05:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RockJustRock
    replied
    I turned on closed captioning. When the engine revs it says [Music].

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied
    I don't have any problems but I will say there are a few differences between the dialogs of Queenslanders and a Victorian's

I think the aftermarket engine management systems are bringing these motors we thought were not anything special a giving them a new life.
    The castings of those heads on these late v6's were very good and still tough as they are iron on an iron block. Both these guys and StreetmachineTV are playing with that era V6 at the moment.

PS a translation service is available

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    they are hard to understand, first they use the words "v6" and "performance" then they throw in things like "Barra"...wtf is a Barra? is that like an Australian bar?

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    When my ship comes in I wouldn't mind having a hub dyno setup. Good system. And the V6 seems reasonably healthy. I do, however, need an Aussie-to-American translator (I caught some of the words but.......).

Dan

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    started a topic 3800 v6

3800 v6

Are they the next LS? no, LS is cheap power, but for really bucks down racing.... these things are pretty neat

Working...
X