Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65RHDEER
    replied
    Surprise, surprise, surprise... and no word on the heads yet!

Leave a comment:

• CTX-SLPR
    replied
    TA has bought out other Buick vendors product lines in the past so they might have taken it over. Haven't looked there.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by CTX-SLPR View Post
    ZZP made Al heads for the 3800 SII/III at one point but when I checked their catalog yesterday there weren't there anymore. Maybe you can find a set floating around.
    I thought you could get those from TA Performance.... hmmm... maybe not. I dunno, at this point if I do a 3800, it'll be for the Fiat.... I'm thinking at this point of using the Buick wagon as my race-tow-vehicle.

Leave a comment:

• CTX-SLPR
    replied
    ZZP made Al heads for the 3800 SII/III at one point but when I checked their catalog yesterday there weren't there anymore. Maybe you can find a set floating around.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    and he's going to leave us in suspense about the heads.

if and when I do a 3800, I'm using the acquaintance in Florida - he supplies the 3800, so there's no guessing.

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied
    Cracked heads... I'm guessing this set is also, maybe not as they haven't been there long but with all the loose stuff on this thing there has been someone in there who hasn't put it all together properly.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
    Wish I had the time and skill. I'd love to drop a SC version of the 3800 into my little Mazda B1000
    I got a bit soured on the conversion with the problems they're having with cracked heads.

Leave a comment:

• JOES66FURY
    replied
    Wish I had the time and skill. I'd love to drop a SC version of the 3800 into my little Mazda B1000

Leave a comment:

• RockJustRock
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by ejs262 View Post

I think valve stem diameter and spring pressure play a pretty big role in how well an engine will recover from that kind of punishment, it was a fun experience, car ran for years afterwards, he sold it for $500 to someone who kept beating on it after we did... Surprised the hell out of me...
    I really liked Rabbits and Jettas because they were so robust... but, like anything, they too could be killed.

Leave a comment:

• ejs262
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I think that cars know - they know if we care and become fragile little flowers, the ones that we don't care about know as well - and those hang on to the bitter end because they know they're headed to the shredder the moment they do something wrong...
    I think valve stem diameter and spring pressure play a pretty big role in how well an engine will recover from that kind of punishment, it was a fun experience, car ran for years afterwards, he sold it for $500 to someone who kept beating on it after we did... Surprised the hell out of me...

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by ejs262 View Post
    A friend and I replaced the timing belt on his jetta after it broke, and we replaced it way wrong, every valve had to have hit it's piston... we fixed the timing, started it up, and it clicked and clacked bad, but after a tip around the block, a little less, another, a little less, and on and on until it it ran quiet... lol!
    I think that cars know - they know if we care and become fragile little flowers, the ones that we don't care about know as well - and those hang on to the bitter end because they know they're headed to the shredder the moment they do something wrong...

Leave a comment:

• ejs262
    replied
    A friend and I replaced the timing belt on his jetta after it broke, and we replaced it way wrong, every valve had to have hit it's piston... we fixed the timing, started it up, and it clicked and clacked bad, but after a tip around the block, a little less, another, a little less, and on and on until it it ran quiet... lol!

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X