X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by ejs262 View Post
    A friend and I replaced the timing belt on his jetta after it broke, and we replaced it way wrong, every valve had to have hit it's piston... we fixed the timing, started it up, and it clicked and clacked bad, but after a tip around the block, a little less, another, a little less, and on and on until it it ran quiet... lol!
    I think that cars know - they know if we care and become fragile little flowers, the ones that we don't care about know as well - and those hang on to the bitter end because they know they're headed to the shredder the moment they do something wrong...

Leave a comment:

• ejs262
    replied
    A friend and I replaced the timing belt on his jetta after it broke, and we replaced it way wrong, every valve had to have hit it's piston... we fixed the timing, started it up, and it clicked and clacked bad, but after a tip around the block, a little less, another, a little less, and on and on until it it ran quiet... lol!

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
    Maybe he went with engine braking because it's going on the street a fair bit.

It gets on the road.

I dunno... in this world, it's confrontation to ask someone why - so if he doesn't answer, it's cool, he seems to get grief from the other 'tubers in Australia - so I can understand avoiding that...

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied
    Maybe he went with engine braking because it's going on the street a fair bit.

It gets on the road.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I wonder why he went with engine braking.... basically the transmission acts like a manual but since you don't have a clutch... it gets pretty annoying pretty quickly.

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ratpatrol66
    replied
    I have a set of aluminum Stage II Buick V6 heads. Also a set of cast iron stage Ii heads. Contact me at
    [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied
    Richard is playing with another one he found, this time TURBO, may be interesting to some here

Last edited by 65RHDEER; November 24, 2020, 11:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ratpatrol66
    replied
    I have a set of cast and alum. stage II heads and a couple odd ball nascar type manifolds???

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied
    Playing V6 again with Kevin

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied
    Everyone is playing with the 3800, even Richard Holdener

And more Carnage 3800

Leave a comment:

• CTX-SLPR
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

would you like a picture, or would the pictures of the GN motor on Buinicorn's page be enough for you? 215 has its own pattern (and 300), 225 and 231 share their pattern with every other BOP motor out there, the Series II and Series III use the 2.8 pattern (as you refer as Metric60-which probably the right name but not how it's stored in my head)
    https://www.gnttype.org/general/v6hist.html
    • M10x1.5 metric for accessory mounting holes on heads
    • Boss on the rear of block for Knock Sensor
    • Transverse FWD 3.0 V6 introduced in the Skylarkk (X body) with the FWD bolt pattern
    • New camshaft design with 0.030" larger base circle diameter
    • 0.015" shorter push rods and 0.015" shorter lifters to accommodate base circle (8.703" vs. 8.718")
    • Oil groove added to the block behind cam bearing #1 and oil groove removed from cam shaft from the cam shaft
    • In mid-year, the 3.8 FWD V6 was added for the MFI Century T-Type
    http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/107335.html

I can't find the build by TurboKenetic on TurboBuick.com but there was detailed pictures of his rebuild of a 84 Century converting it to Turbo which showed the Metric60 bellhousing on the transmission. My point is, you can go father back to get a 3.8L block without balance shaft but a Metric60 bell by raiding the FWD versions that Buick and others put out of the formerly fullsized cars like LeSabres, Electras, Park Avenues, Bonnevilles, and Rivieras as well as the top trim Centuries and Cutlasses.

Edit: I think I see the confusion, Buick (GM really) made multiple versions of the block with the same basic features but in the BOP-C and Metric60 bells. They also made the 3.0L with the same 3.8in bore but a lower deck height and I believe all of these were Metric60 bell.
    Last edited by CTX-SLPR; July 21, 2020, 06:45 AM. Reason: Added Information

Leave a comment:

Working...
X