3800 v6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3800 v6

Are they the next LS? no, LS is cheap power, but for really bucks down racing.... these things are pretty neat

Doing it all wrong since 1966

When my ship comes in I wouldn't mind having a hub dyno setup. Good system. And the V6 seems reasonably healthy. I do, however, need an Aussie-to-American translator (I caught some of the words but.......).

Dan

Comment

they are hard to understand, first they use the words "v6" and "performance" then they throw in things like "Barra"...wtf is a Barra? is that like an Australian bar?

Comment

I don't have any problems but I will say there are a few differences between the dialogs of Queenslanders and a Victorian's

I think the aftermarket engine management systems are bringing these motors we thought were not anything special a giving them a new life.
        The castings of those heads on these late v6's were very good and still tough as they are iron on an iron block. Both these guys and StreetmachineTV are playing with that era V6 at the moment.

PS a translation service is available
        Tim
        Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

I turned on closed captioning. When the engine revs it says [Music].
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            they are hard to understand, first they use the words "v6" and "performance" then they throw in things like "Barra"...wtf is a Barra? is that like an Australian bar?
            Okay the first use of the word "Barra" in Australia is for a shortened slag word used for a northern Australia sport fish a Burramundi, I'm fairly sure that would be an aboriginal name for the fish.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Charlotte-Klose-With-A-BIG-NT-Barramundi.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.8 KB ID:	1263767

So when Ford Australia were developing the motor it was called the "Barramundi Project" or Barra for short!
            Last edited by 65RHDEER; February 28, 2020, 05:15 PM.
            Tim
            Melbourne Australia

Comment

Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
              I don't have any problems but I will say there are a few differences between the dialogs of Queenslanders and a Victorian's

PS a translation service is available
              How much do you charge?

Dan

Comment

...then they throw in things like "Barra"...wtf is a Barra?
                Aussie answer to a 2jz...

Comment

Okay the first use of the word "Barra" in Australia is for a shortened slag word used for a northern Australia sport fish a Burramundi, I'm fairly sure that would be an aboriginal name for the fish.

Click image for larger version Name:	Charlotte-Klose-With-A-BIG-NT-Barramundi.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.8 KB ID:	1263767

So when Ford Australia were developing the motor it was called the "Barramundi Project" or Barra for short!
                  that looks like a tuna taco to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

How much do you charge?

Dan
                    Dan, we're all mates here, how does "mates rates" sound?

In Australia if you say "I'll do it at mates rates" that says I'll do it for nothing because your a good friend. But it is cheeky to ask a mate to do a job for you at "mates rates" especially if it is unlikely the favor would be returned.
                    Tim
                    Melbourne Australia

Comment

that looks like a tuna taco to me.
                      People rave about eating Barra here, I'm a red meat bloke
                      Tim
                      Melbourne Australia

Comment

People rave about eating Barra here, I'm a red meat bloke

Comment

We're all learning
                          Tim
                          Melbourne Australia

Comment

As you might guess I'm rather into Buick V6's of all stripes including the 3800 Series II which is the most common of the 3800 units. Too bad we only got the RWD 3800 as the L36 (NA motor) in the 95-02 F-bodies. If I ever get the 64-65 4dr or flattop Skylark/Special I keep an eye out for, it's what is going in it. Just cam swap for ~200hp and that's it. I'm sure I'll anger a fair few and say I'm thinking automatic, either 4L60E or 5L50E.
                            Central TEXAS Sleeper
                            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR View Post
                              As you might guess I'm rather into Buick V6's of all stripes including the 3800 Series II which is the most common of the 3800 units. Too bad we only got the RWD 3800 as the L36 (NA motor) in the 95-02 F-bodies. If I ever get the 64-65 4dr or flattop Skylark/Special I keep an eye out for, it's what is going in it. Just cam swap for ~200hp and that's it. I'm sure I'll anger a fair few and say I'm thinking automatic, either 4L60E or 5L50E.
                              I've never thought about doing a 3800 in a flattop

patience, padawan, patience.... I don't have 20k for the motor yet, but I do have an LS that fills the space while I build it....

Comment

Working...
                              X