No announcement yet.

3800 v6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richard is playing with another one he found, this time TURBO, may be interesting to some here

Last edited by 65RHDEER; November 24, 2020, 11:08 PM.
    Tim
    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

Tim
      Melbourne Australia

Comment

I have a set of aluminum Stage II Buick V6 heads. Also a set of cast iron stage Ii heads. Contact me at
        [email protected]

Comment

Tim
          Melbourne Australia

Comment

I wonder why he went with engine braking.... basically the transmission acts like a manual but since you don't have a clutch... it gets pretty annoying pretty quickly.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Maybe he went with engine braking because it's going on the street a fair bit.

It gets on the road.

Tim
              Melbourne Australia

Comment

Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
                Maybe he went with engine braking because it's going on the street a fair bit.

It gets on the road.

I dunno... in this world, it's confrontation to ask someone why - so if he doesn't answer, it's cool, he seems to get grief from the other 'tubers in Australia - so I can understand avoiding that...

Comment

Tim
                  Melbourne Australia

Comment

Tim
                    Melbourne Australia

Comment

• A friend and I replaced the timing belt on his jetta after it broke, and we replaced it way wrong, every valve had to have hit it's piston... we fixed the timing, started it up, and it clicked and clacked bad, but after a tip around the block, a little less, another, a little less, and on and on until it it ran quiet... lol!
                      "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
                      1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
                      2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

• Originally posted by ejs262 View Post
                        A friend and I replaced the timing belt on his jetta after it broke, and we replaced it way wrong, every valve had to have hit it's piston... we fixed the timing, started it up, and it clicked and clacked bad, but after a tip around the block, a little less, another, a little less, and on and on until it it ran quiet... lol!
                        I think that cars know - they know if we care and become fragile little flowers, the ones that we don't care about know as well - and those hang on to the bitter end because they know they're headed to the shredder the moment they do something wrong...

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I think that cars know - they know if we care and become fragile little flowers, the ones that we don't care about know as well - and those hang on to the bitter end because they know they're headed to the shredder the moment they do something wrong...
                          I think valve stem diameter and spring pressure play a pretty big role in how well an engine will recover from that kind of punishment, it was a fun experience, car ran for years afterwards, he sold it for $500 to someone who kept beating on it after we did... Surprised the hell out of me...
                          "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
                          1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
                          2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

• Originally posted by ejs262 View Post

I think valve stem diameter and spring pressure play a pretty big role in how well an engine will recover from that kind of punishment, it was a fun experience, car ran for years afterwards, he sold it for $500 to someone who kept beating on it after we did... Surprised the hell out of me...
                            I really liked Rabbits and Jettas because they were so robust... but, like anything, they too could be killed.

Comment

• My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

• Wish I had the time and skill. I'd love to drop a SC version of the 3800 into my little Mazda B1000
                                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                                X