X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBR
    replied
    Our L67, pullied on E85! Fun car!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	10620428_10153843396474485_7150414838864425010_o.jpg Views:	10 Size:	160.4 KB ID:	1264323
    Last edited by BBR; March 6, 2020, 12:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
    (Also, I'm trying to stick to only one loony project idea at a time.)
    I thought Bangshift had a 2 project minimum

Leave a comment:

• Matt Cramer
    replied
    I've had extremely bad ideas about trying to find a Cadillac Catera and put an L67 in it to create a US-market Holden Commodore clone. I would say my biggest problem is the lack of available Cateras, but most people who read that last sentence will probably agree I have bigger problems than that. (Also, I'm trying to stick to only one loony project idea at a time.)

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    at least they didn't name it Karen or worse, Cheryl

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by CTX-SLPR View Post
    My plan counselor. I've had the plan of putting a near stock L36 in a 64-65 Special/Skylark since 2010 or so.
    "near stock" has never been words I've ever used....

though you make me wonder what year it was that Alex was looking at flattops for me in Arizona..... after that, I think, but not much,,, and it's plan was the 430 (which still may end up getting broken in on my wagon).

Leave a comment:

• CTX-SLPR
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I've never thought about doing a 3800 in a flattop

patience, padawan, patience.... I don't have 20k for the motor yet, but I do have an LS that fills the space while I build it....
    My plan counselor. I've had the plan of putting a near stock L36 in a 64-65 Special/Skylark since 2010 or so.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by CTX-SLPR View Post
    As you might guess I'm rather into Buick V6's of all stripes including the 3800 Series II which is the most common of the 3800 units. Too bad we only got the RWD 3800 as the L36 (NA motor) in the 95-02 F-bodies. If I ever get the 64-65 4dr or flattop Skylark/Special I keep an eye out for, it's what is going in it. Just cam swap for ~200hp and that's it. I'm sure I'll anger a fair few and say I'm thinking automatic, either 4L60E or 5L50E.
    I've never thought about doing a 3800 in a flattop

patience, padawan, patience.... I don't have 20k for the motor yet, but I do have an LS that fills the space while I build it....

Leave a comment:

• CTX-SLPR
    replied
    As you might guess I'm rather into Buick V6's of all stripes including the 3800 Series II which is the most common of the 3800 units. Too bad we only got the RWD 3800 as the L36 (NA motor) in the 95-02 F-bodies. If I ever get the 64-65 4dr or flattop Skylark/Special I keep an eye out for, it's what is going in it. Just cam swap for ~200hp and that's it. I'm sure I'll anger a fair few and say I'm thinking automatic, either 4L60E or 5L50E.

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied
    We're all learning

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post

People rave about eating Barra here, I'm a red meat bloke

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied

that looks like a tuna taco to me.
    People rave about eating Barra here, I'm a red meat bloke

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

How much do you charge?

Dan
    Dan, we're all mates here, how does "mates rates" sound?

In Australia if you say "I'll do it at mates rates" that says I'll do it for nothing because your a good friend. But it is cheeky to ask a mate to do a job for you at "mates rates" especially if it is unlikely the favor would be returned.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post

Okay the first use of the word "Barra" in Australia is for a shortened slag word used for a northern Australia sport fish a Burramundi, I'm fairly sure that would be an aboriginal name for the fish.

Click image for larger version Name:	Charlotte-Klose-With-A-BIG-NT-Barramundi.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.8 KB ID:	1263767

So when Ford Australia were developing the motor it was called the "Barramundi Project" or Barra for short!
    that looks like a tuna taco to me.

Leave a comment:

• tardis454
    replied
    ...then they throw in things like "Barra"...wtf is a Barra?
    Aussie answer to a 2jz...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X